Low Cut and High Cut in Stack by exchange in Eq.

• Please, is it possible to do that Low Cut and High Cut in Output, would go for a single rig preferred in Cabinet? Something like Kone Imprint Select. For an electric guitar it is good to set High Cut 6 / 6.5kHz, but for an electroacoustic guitar I need it higher at about 10kHz. Is there anything that can be done about it? I apologize for my English, I only speak Czech. It is translated in google translation.

Images

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 4 times, last by rastry ().

• ckemper was pretty clear in that thread that he sees no valid use for Hi and Low cuts on the monitor out. I have to admit that I pretty much agree with him.

I totally understand (and agree with) the point that users are making about on stage sound often being seriously compromised. This means that separate EQ for onstage would be a VERY useful feature to compensate for poor room acoustics. I have played on some truly awful sounding stages which needed a totally different EQ for on stage and FOH. However, the right tool to deal with this isn't Hi/Low cut filter but a GEQ or Parametric EQ to carefully target specific problem frequencies. A Full 31 band GEQ or a full parametric EQ would be much more reasonable request to handle the specific problem that everyone in these threads seems to be highlighting.

• ckemper was pretty clear in that thread that he sees no valid use for Hi and Low cuts on the monitor out. I have to admit that I pretty much agree with him.

I totally understand (and agree with) the point that users are making about on stage sound often being seriously compromised. This means that separate EQ for onstage would be a VERY useful feature to compensate for poor room acoustics. I have played on some truly awful sounding stages which needed a totally different EQ for on stage and FOH. However, the right tool to deal with this isn't Hi/Low cut filter but a GEQ or Parametric EQ to carefully target specific problem frequencies. A Full 31 band GEQ or a full parametric EQ would be much more reasonable request to handle the specific problem that everyone in these threads seems to be highlighting.

I love that idea. It would totally work! Just as long as it doesn't effect the signal being sent to FOH. There's just no reason to have the same Hi/Low cuts (or GEQ/Parametric EQs) for both the FOH and monitor outs. They shouldn't be tethered together.

• more eq's in more places without having to sacrifice our precious blocks is a common recurrence I'm seeing.

To be honest that’s not something that really interest me personally. I have never managed to use all 8 blocks for anything (although the ability to decide how many blocks are pre Stand and how many Post Stack might be nice to have). I actually fear having too many eq/compressor/gate etc in the signal path. For most things Less Is More. The idea of eqs at every point is a bit Yngwie to me - “How can less ever be more? More is More !”

I definitely do see the case for a dedicated deep EQ for the monitor out for room correction though.

• Graphic and Studio Eq affect the sound, even if all parameters are 0. That's why I don't use them much. In addition, I take the additional option of assigning an effect.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That may be true but a hi/low cut is clearly not the right tool to use for compensating for poor stage acoustics. That must surely be the reason for having a different EQ on the monitor out than main outs. CK has clearly stated that he sees no valid case for hi/low cuts to be different on the monitor out. Therefore, i wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for this feature to be added. On the other hand a strong valid case can be made for adding either a GEQ or PEQ to tame stage issues. If enough users framed the request that way they might have more success convincing CK to add an EQ.

• To be honest that’s not something that really interest me personally. I have never managed to use all 8 blocks for anything (although the ability to decide how many blocks are pre Stand and how many Post Stack might be nice to have). I actually fear having too many eq/compressor/gate etc in the signal path. For most things Less Is More. The idea of eqs at every point is a bit Yngwie to me - “How can less ever be more? More is More !”

I definitely do see the case for a dedicated deep EQ for the monitor out for room correction though.

I'm just saying I've noticed several requests for individual output eq's of different types, many many requests for a studio or graphic eq in the stack eq before and/or after the cab and a few for an input eq. In this, is my view of how I see it as not necessarily a more is more scenario but a there's not enough and having more would been seen as a ground zero level addition kind of idea.

• I don't want it in the Monitor, but in the Main Output. A normal electric guitar normally plays up to 6kHz, but for an electroacoustic guitar it is too low. When I set High Cut in Main Output to 10kHz, the electroacoustics are great, but the electric is more flowing. That's why I'd like this feature. I use both guitars for one Kemper.

• more eq's in more places without having to sacrifice our precious blocks is a common recurrence I'm seeing.

that’s the problem when you upgrade your products with tons of new options but still give no more than 8 blocks…

4 pre is not much, just a wha, a compressor, a distortion and a gate or octaver.
    4 post is really not too, reverb, delay, eq, chorus… where do I put a double tracker for exemple?

• Graphic and Studio Eq affect the sound, even if all parameters are 0. That's why I don't use them much. In addition, I take the additional option of assigning an effect.

I don't thinks that is the case. Just recorded a loop in the pre position, let it run for 2 rounds, activated a studio eq and recorded 2 more rounds in cubase over spdif. Aligned the two versions to the sample level and flipped the phase of one of them. They nulled to - 60 dB.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I don't need this function to record, I can edit it there, but this is a live performance, I would use it there. I use an electric guitar and also an electroacoustic guitar.

• I don't need this function to record, I can edit it there, but this is a live performance, I would use it there. I use an electric guitar and also an electroacoustic guitar.

That is actually irrelevant to musicmad points above. What he was saying is simply that he has proved that the Studio EQ (parametric eq) and GEQ (graphic) in the Kemper have absolutely no effect on the sound when set to 0. He simply used a recording to allow a Null Test to prove it beyond the subjective “I can hear a difference” approach. The result would be exactly the same for live performance.

I also use the Kemper for acoustic and electric so I would obviously be happy to have anything that makes this work better added. However, CK has already made it clear that he believes Hi/Lw cut filters are the wrong tool to use. A GEQ or Studio EQ for the monitor output would be a valid and useful tool though.

• By activating EQ, at least my sound changes a bit on my Kemper, even though I have 0. Everywhere it's not much, but it will change. It will affect the sound of Graphic EQ more, Studio is a bit better. Maybe you have a better Kemper than I do (he's just a joke). :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6xHqnShVys5U6orlKLgapQ

• By activating EQ, at least my sound changes a bit on my Kemper, even though I have 0. Everywhere it's not much, but it will change. It will affect the sound of Graphic EQ more, Studio is a bit better. Maybe you have a better Kemper than I do (he's just a joke). :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6xHqnShVys5U6orlKLgapQ

something else must be going on then as a Null Test literally proves no difference in sound (ie both sounds are identical).