Stereo Width

• I'm using S/PDIF, and recording in stereo into my DAW, I'm trying to keep the guitar delays and reverb - the entire guitar really - out of the center of the stereo field, and only move on the furthest left and right. I've read that there is a Panorama setting somewhere. Is Panorama the right effect I'm looking for, and does Rig Manager have that feature as a control?

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• You need this i think just for recording? I add Stereo Width in the DAW and not through the Kemper. There are a lot of plugins out there or you build up your own "True" Stereo Width channel with an Mid EQ & Reverb!

• The delays and reverbs and some other modulations have a Stereo setting you can increase to 200%. The Space effect that you use to widen the stereo filed for headphones can also be used on the outputs to widen stereo. Then you have a Double Tracker preset and a Double Tracker Stomp. Both will widen the stereo field.

For recordings, I prefer to use delay and verb plugins so other instruments like bass and drums can share the same single modulation without them getting muddied by layering multiple delay/verb over each other.

Simple trick for widening is to move (offset) the track of one of the channels from 5 to 25ms. This will give you a wider field similar to using a Double Tracker. You may have to increase the volume slightly of the moved track.

The best option to widening is recording two separate left and right channels so each guitar will naturally be offset from each other but gives a much fuller sound and the widest stereo image. This is what a Double Tracker tries to simulate.

Lastly, the trick I love the most is like the early Van Halen albums were you record a single track on one channel but use effects in stereo. I think this can only be done in DAW. I haven't tried any other way.

So you have, Stereo @200%, Space, Double Trackers,Moving a track 5-25ms, and recording two separate left and right tracks.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited 5 times, last by BayouTexan ().