Mission expression pedal acting as both a volume pedal and wah at the same time

• I'm sorry I'm definitely missing something , been thru a couple long vids but still i have a gap somewhere.

I have a Mission Pedal , set on Pedal 1 as Vol pedal, Pedal2 as a mono switch on Stomp A where I have a wah. Switch off of Wah is set to tip and that works.

However, what is happening is that effectively the pedal always act as a Vol pedal , so even though I may have the Wah active , when I try to "wah" i.e. work the actual pedal up and down, I get both a respective increase/ decrease in vol and the wah frequency sweep, so the effect is that when I work the pedal to the heel the vol is decreased and thus the effect of the wah is decreased i.e. can't hear it because obviously the vol is decreased. Not what I"m looking for.

What I'm trying to achieve is the same old school scenario I have with my analog setup i.e. I can turn off the wah, and when that is off the pedal acts as volume pedal, otherwise it acts as wah pedal with a consistent volume level across the frequency range. I'm sure this is a typical desired objective , so can anybody refer me to docs or vids that explain to accomplish this?

BTW, I'm hoping that I can achieve this vol or wah on the Mission EP-1 , because on the FCB1010 when I get the Uno4Kemper I hope to be able to use the two pedals there for two other functions, namely pitch bend and morph.

thanks

• thanks again , I changed both settings as you described and I'm now able to change to flip between vol and wah.

The only issue is that the wah doesn't quite behave the way I'm used to it, I'm sure that's because of how the Wah specific patch must be set.

There's actually a dead spot as one moves the wah closer to the top, volume drops but a nudge past that and it comes back but subdued as if gain also was dropped, if I bring back to the bottom I get wah , full vol , and all of the gain of MBritt 77 Mars 50 80 1

I'll play around with it, but thanks for getting me back on track

• interesting, the issue sort of went away when I selected via Rig Manager another preset for the Wah, which I believe was "Cry" , Rig Manager does not show what the actual preset selection is apparently, that preset for Pedal Mode option has "touch", when I put the Wah (Stomp A currently) on "on" it does behave more like the full rangy analog Wah I'm used to tho for some reason the tuner will not show up in full heel position also the overall gain seems to drop, whereas in "touch" the tuner does show up in heel position but the wah seems stuck in a finite or very small finite frequency range , although the gain is back to what its set for the Kemper patch

it seems that I just need to read up quite a bit more, very flexible , but there's a learning curve

• Yes, download the full manual and read through it. There is a lot the Kemper can do that might not be immediately obvious.

The “touch” setting means that the pedal isn’t actually controlling the wah effect. The wah is being controlled by your picking dynamics. You need to select On or one of the bypass@ options for the pedal to do anything.

The tuner only comes up when Volume is at 0 (if that option is ticked) therefore the pedal needs to be functioning as a Volume pedal not wah. If you turn the wah off in the rig or go to a rig with no wah loaded the pedal we revert to volume and the tuner should work as it used to.