New video Born In The Storm

• Here is the video of our new single by my band Dare.
    Song is called Born In The Storm

All guitar sounds are Kemper

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Cheers guys. have to say, it was so easy going between my profiles as we were recording.
    I mainly used the CAE 3+SE/Mesa 295/ Suhr Reactive Load IR profiles I did.

But, also used some profiles of one of my Mk3 Mesa’s into the Suhr Reactive Load IR and a profile of my rehoused AC30 head into a JCM800 4x12 with an SM57.
    So, to have everything at hand profile wise and switch between things and maybe tweak the gain a little and just save that for when we needed that sound again was just so quick.

On this song, I used my main ‘78 Les Paul for the solos.
    Used that same Les Paul and a Tele Ultra for the rhythm guitars. Tele Ultra for clean.

• Loved your melodic solo work, Vinny!

The main break was classic pop-rock and beautifully-constructed IMHO. The later stuff, dare I say it, had a hint of Steve Lukather "mentality" to it, and why not? IMHO he's the epitome of melodic-rock lead playing. Once his style got out there, it seared itself into so many peeps' minds, many of whom probably didn't even realise it, and yet through all the imitators over the years, it could not be improved-upon. IOW, IMHO it's literally an "approach" to soloing with balls that will stand the test of time and never die.

Sorry about the rant mate. Armchair critics are a dime a dozen and I bought a cheap seat up here in the peanut gallery. :D

Absolutely loved it mate. Well done! 8):thumbup:

• Well, Luke was a big influence when I was growing up. Schenker too. ? Loved the melodies and overall finesse to their playing.

Thank you. ?

• Very cool .rock on dudes \m/ awesome production on everything. Big success to guys!

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.

• Great stuff, but I feel old these days, are most of us here in our 40’s to 60’s and beyond?, not to derail a great contribution, it is, but has this time come to an end? No disrespect, just a bit of personal soul searching.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• It can never end, music is timeless, as long as there are bands making this type of music it can't end, and won't simply because of all of it that already exists, or any other genre that has come before what ever type of music/genre gets made this week or next week, it doesn't matter.

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.