Noobiest of the noob questions: what cable to connect to Atomic CLR FRFR wedge

• I've been playing my Kemper Power Head for over a year now. I've been playing through headphones mostly and more recently a Kemper Kabinet. I've wanted to experiment with an FRFR monitor so I just bought an Atomic CLR Active wedge. Coming in a few days.

Just to confirm, best way to use this would be "Monitor Out" from the Kemper, ya? And what type of cable would I use? My searches of the forum lead me to believe just a standard guitar cable, is that right?

Thanks!

• The point here is you have a powered head that you want to connect to an active speaker.

1) Do NOT connect the speaker out from the Kemper. You need one of the line outs from main or monitor. Make sure you do not connect active to active. This why you can use an instrument cable and don't need a speaker cable.

2) I think ( others can clarify) that you might need to pad your output as the signal can be quite hot as this is the case for connecting to a mixing desk etc. whippinpost91850 is that necessary/correct?

Hope you enjoy :)

• instrument cable (6,3 mm mono jack) goes to monitor out on Kemper, for stereo the other mono jack from the other CLR is connected to direct output/send on Kemper.

btw lately for jamming I mix the Kemper together with backing track into my old old monitors (HR824 mk1), using a Behringer UMC404HD. Plenty nice for play-along. I like to keep the decibels where the already existing beeps in my ears due to stupidity in the past do not get worse over time.