Holy Cow! The final puzzle to Kemper arrived and I am a Happy Camper!

• I was hoping the Keeley Compressor was what I had been looking for to finalize my tone using Kemper --and I could not be more right!!! I guess it was the small analog portion I needed. And getting the perfect palm mute sounds with high gain is just killer! I dialed in the Keeley in like 5 seconds and I got the Sweets to prove it! ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Hmmm...So you don't use compressor from Kemper anymore, and one more question, do you use the same settings for clean and more high gain sound, do you leave it always on... Thanks and all the best with new toy. ?

• Hmmm...So you don't use compressor from Kemper anymore, and one more question, do you use the same settings for clean and more high gain sound, do you leave it always on... Thanks and all the best with new toy. ?

I could never get the Kemper compressor to respond the way I wanted. To get close, I would put a compressor in stomps and add another one post-amp for cleans. I never used one on high-gain but I wanted to. Just wouldn't work for me.

I use the Keeley for anywhere from Blend at 0 (which is half compression) to 12 o'clock and sustain at 11 o'clock. For high-gain I have the Blend at 2-3 o'clock and Sustain at 10 o'clock -- and this really depends if I am doing palm mutes and/or tap harmonics. I haven't use it for general high-gain stuff.

I can really "feel" the Keeley under my fingers and it makes playing guitar easier. Maybe it's because it's analog and Kemper's digital comp doesn't connect with me -- same goes for DAW plugin comps. I'm not knocking anything about Kemper because it's the 2nd best thing I ever bought (besides my Charvel Pro Mod). The Keeley comp definitely feels like it's 3rd best in line to that. I just love buying stuff that does exactly what you wanted it to do from the start.

Right now I have it on all day just to mess with it. I still want to try it on my bass which I am really looking forward to. Maybe after getting comfy with the Keeley I might return to the Kemper digital comp but I'm in no hurry.

Did I mention the Keeley almost plays the guitar by itself? 8)

• What sort of music are you playing? I know you say high hain so I assume metal but what kind?

Also where in chain?

I might look at this as not expensive in the UK.

My high-gain would be hard rock to heavy metal. No screaming death metal. Most of my high-gain profiles are dialed below 5.0 on gain and maybe 1.0-3.0 on the Dist/OD stomp gain. The Keeley smooths out and tightens compression on the high gain profiles, so when it's on I begin to lower profile gain settings - and I can use the Keeley Level as a boost.

It's before the Kemper input.