Main input sound with less gain than Alternitve input.

• I´ ve been struggling with some inputs problems for a more than a month now.

The problem is that the Kemper sound like if you roll down the volume knob on the guitar to less than the half. All gain profiles sound like a clean sound with just a few overdrive....and with low quality.

No issue at all with the alternative input. I´ve checked the input menu but i can´t see any difference of settings beetween both.

¿Is there diferent settings beetween both inputs? ¿Does anyone has the same problem?

Or is that a problem with the main input conection........kind a weird that it work only with less gain....no strange noise or anything when plugging in.

Thanks!

• the inputs themselves are different. The front input is a higher quality circuit

Quote from From the manual

The high-impedance ALTERNATIVE INPUT is located on the back panel. You may find it useful in rack setups, either for connecting the instrument directly, or through a wireless receiver. It is a bit noisier than the front INPUT, but this is only an issue for guitars with a soft output level, applied to heavy distortion.

Even when Input Source is set to “Alternative Input”, it won’t work when a cable is still connected to the front INPUT.

You can still use Loop Mono when using the ALTERNATIVE INPUT but avoid using Loop Stereo; it uses the ALTERNATIVE INPUT as the right return input for the loop, and the PROFILER does not automatically compensate for this situation.

• the inputs themselves are different. The front input is a higher quality circuit

I know there are different, and i have always worked with both. But since 5/6 weeks, main input cut the signal a lot, like if you roll down the knob of the guitar, and that doesn´t happend before......

Alternative input work has always......i don´t get what happend with the main level, it´s not like if it doesn´t work at all, it sound weaker and profile with gain sound almost clean and muddier.

I´ve checked the input section but it seems to me that it´s the same settings for both input, everything else is fine (guitar, cable, expresion pedal.....)

• Sounds like it might be hardware related as there aren't any settings I can think of that would affect one but not the other. I would suggest you raise a support ticket and have them look into it for you.

Yes, that will be the last option, but send back the Kemper to Germany for maintenance, is not the best for me right now.....got no backup gear for my gigs.