Profiling amp without guitar

• I have never tried that. I am not sure you would be able to make that work. You need to have something plugged into the send and the return of the Kemper to create a profile. With a guitar you only have one cable.

I have profiled a cable and a pedal. The cable profile gives you a good neutral clean profile. Pedals can give varying results from my testing. I do them as a direct profile and then add a cab, or IR to it. The one I have been playing with came out very thick sounding. I haven't made it back to messing with it in a while. I profiled it with a few different settings. From what I remember, the settings didn't really change the sound of the profile that much.

• I do that from time to time. You set things up the same way you ReAmp. As the signal is playing through the amp, you adjust the amp, etc., as you like it. I use another track that goes through all the different types of playing for refining the profile. Works as you would expect.

Thanks, I’ll try it. Maybe need to record some tracks for refining.

• Do you suggest this with just normal DI profiling when it comes time to refining? Does it make a difference?

In theory, the DI signal should be no different than you playing the signal live. I mean, I can't tell I am not playing when reamping a DI signal except that the guitar is not in my hand. However, unless you are making 5 or more profiles each time then I don't see a reason not to just play the guitar. Plus, playing even not-for-fun is still fun.

I think the difficult part is isolating the amp in another room, and then running back and forth from the amp to the studio to adjust the mic without having; two people, two walkie-talkies, and some superior ear plugs for the mic-adjustment person. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• In theory, the DI signal should be no different than you playing the signal live. I mean, I can't tell I am not playing when reamping a DI signal except that the guitar is not in my hand. However, unless you are making 5 or more profiles each time then I don't see a reason not to just play the guitar. Plus, playing even not-for-fun is still fun.

I think the difficult part is isolating the amp in another room, and then running back and forth from the amp to the studio to adjust the mic without having; two people, two walkie-talkies, and some superior ear plugs for the mic-adjustment person. ;)

I’m thinking about using DI because I can be in studio without my guitar. And there can be some amps, that I want to profile? so I can just plug kemper and use DI of my guitar to make profile