Kemper and Windows 11

• Hi there!

Since I updated my latop to Windows 11, my kemper won't appear in Rig Manager.. Tried everything, but nothing worked.

Latest profiler OS and Rig Manager is installed, also Windows up to date.

Anyone else with the same problem?

• No need to jump on the WIn11 bandwagon just yet. It is a pre-release version anyway, and made to make people go by new computers which you don't need right now.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Is there any reason, other than latest security, to update to Win 11? I ran it for about 15 minutes then rolled back to 10. It did nothing that 10 does not do and broke/removed things I use in 10. Classic Microsoft.

Our choices are:

• Linux - Is this still even a thing? Seemed to die about 10 years ago. 1300 versions and good luck getting drivers to work.
    • Apple - Locked down too much for me as a programmer and priced too high. But Logic sounds cool.
    • Google - Spyware OS for the most evil entity ever.
    • Microsoft - Since Gates left (and the NSA took over) has been a bag of bumbling fools.

I will happy when John Carmack or CK makes a PC OS :P

• Win 11 is released, and you'll find it on new computers.

But it's not the final release. That will come in an update maybe in 2023. The other major problem is that Microhard is only allowing Win11 to install on brand new CPU models and Motherboards, but hacks are already out to bypass those requirements. I don't think a lot of people and businesses can afford to run out and buy new computers right now. And there is really nothing new from Win10 to Win11 except the look. Doesn't make programs run any better.

• OK but how many releases of Win 10 were there? Countless with changes and additions all along the way.

Anyway, no matter. Win 11 requires TPM 2.0 which is what separates the computers that can run it from the ones which cannot.

My Surface Pro 6 has TPM 2.0 so I went for it. Surface 6 is 2 generations old.

• hope Kemper will never force me to install Win 11:P

Amen to that! They forced me to install Win7 to Win10 to get latest RM to work, but I didn't have to go buy a whole new computer! CPU, Mobo, Expensive ass GPU, etc.

• Win 11 is definitely not pre-release. It was formally released 5 Oct 21 and the major changes are the UI as well as integration for Android and beefed up security.

Been running it since release and not had a single issue. In fact, it is the most solid OS I have run from them in a long time and this is coming from a Linux guy!

Still glad the reinstall of the software solved the issue.

• Win 11 is definitely not pre-release. It was formally released 5 Oct 21 and the major changes are the UI as well as integration for Android and beefed up security.

Been running it since release and not had a single issue. In fact, it is the most solid OS I have run from them in a long time and this is coming from a Linux guy!

Still glad the reinstall of the software solved the issue.

Extra! Extra! I suggest you go to https://www.tomshardware.com/ and read all about it.

• Extra! Extra! I suggest you go to https://www.tomshardware.com/ and read all about it.

Extra! Extra! Your link takes me to the home page, nothing to refute what I am saying. In fact, I actually read Tom's Hardware often as I am an IT guy and a developer/engineer. Microsoft actually changed the way that they release their OS back with Windows 10 and take more of an Apple/Linux approach now with what they call build states. It let's them continue to build on the OS and add features in a more fluid way without a very stagnant release cycle filled with patches. Once they get a stable build, that is released to the public. If we go by how you think, it would never be released and Win 10 wasn't either. The preview cycle lets you test the next upcoming build (like Apple) if you join their Insider Preview. This give developers a glimpse into the next release so that they can adjust their applications (again, like Apple) if necessary.

Here is an article that will help you understand the way Microsoft works now.

https://www.computerworld.com/…-guide-to-the-builds.html

Edited 4 times, last by wpotere ().