kemper displays controller values at zero while controller pedals are at >50%

• hello:

i have a new behringer fcb1010 with uno v1.3 replacing a similar unit with my profiler head. the foot controller is working just as its predecessor did save as a controller. when sweeping using the builtin continuous controller the sweep of the kemper wah reaches zero rapdily. the sweep of the foot controller goes 100-0% on the kemper before the foot controller pedal goes 100-50%. i have a very limited sweep on the foot controller that uses the whole sweep on the kemper wah. i have calibrated the pedal as per the uno directions but no luck.

might anyone have ideas on this issue?

does anyone have any suggestion on how to modify the lowest setting on the kemper wah so it responds to 0%/full-heel on the pedal?

thanks, j

• I suspect that you are using a Wah preset with a limited range. Try adjusting the Pedal arange parameter in the Wah block.

Quote from From the manual

 Pedal Range

This parameter determines the maximum impact of the pedal, as an offset to the value selected for the “Manual” parameter. Negative values of “Pedal Range” will reverse the swell direction of the pedal or touch effect, so the effect will go down when you push the pedal forward.

Alternatively, it could be the Pedal Type setting in the System Menu. Try changing between Type 1 and Type 2. However , I think this is less likely to be the problem as I think the FC1010 is sending midi c.c. Rather than using the pedal inputs.

• dug:

thanks so much for the quick response. one new bit of info- just discovered that BOTH (wah and volume) continuous controllers on the pedal are consistently acting this way.

thanks, j

• My experience is that the Behringer FCB 1010 pedals need to be calibrated even if the unit is brandnew. I think, this works still with the standard procedure described in the Behringer manual even if you have built in the Uno4Kemper chip. There are also short Youtube tutorials available.

• all:

one other detail that may be relevant- the configuration of the uno4kemper sets the expressions to send continuous controller info as follows:

Left expr WAH (CC#1)

Right expr. VOL (CC#7)

is there a way to determine the sweep sent by the foot controller to verify it is sending 0-127?

thanks, j

• all:

here's an update of my issue following some deeper troubleshooting. the issue appears to be an issue with the fcb-1010 itself and not with the kemper or uno chip. i have changed each of these and recalibrated according to the manufacturers instructions and the issue remains consistent. the fcb-1010 sends midi cc's 0-127, but only well past the halfway point toward toe. it does this for both controller "a" (wah) and "b" (volume) consistently.

at this point i am hoping to find a workaround that will give me more than the toe-half of the pedal to control each of the kemper volume and wah. any thoughts would be welcomed.

thanks, j