Kemper Kab reviews?

• Personally I really like it and I use it exclusively on stage and at rehearsals. I even bought a second one but it doesn't add anything so i just use 1.

As Alan said, its incredibly small and light but I think it belts it out. I easily keep up with our drummer and second guitarist.

Only comment I would make is you do have to re-look at your profiles but this is the same with most monitors ( because the dynamics change and most people need to tweak to get the best out of it).

It is personal taste and some people haven't got on with it. I find its more "alive" than FRFR and less wholly than a guitar cab. I don't really use the imprints i.e. I keep it on the same imprint rather than change with the profiles.

• I don't have one. I've read too many concerns (posted mostly on FB - oddly, there is a large user base there that ignores this forum apparently) about consistency and quality control issues to consider investing right now myself.

• I don't have one. I've read too many concerns (posted mostly on FB - oddly, there is a large user base there that ignores this forum apparently) about consistency and quality control issues to consider investing right now myself.

What issues? The handle falls off? The speaker rattles? Is doesn't work with the profiler? I've never heard of such things anywhere on the planet. The only complaint I ever heard was that it's not a 4x12 @2000 watts.

My biggest concern was --not owning one.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

I can only speak from experience - I have 2, both perfect, well built, no issues.

There were a couple of comment I saw about loose speakers/rattle but I'm sure they are few and far between.

The only concern people tend to have is they don't gell with the sound.

There is definitely a lot of general noise on Facebook, including a few people who seem to be Kemper haters - all they ever say is get a valve amp. So I wouldn't use that as a useful guide....

There is definitely a lot of general noise on Facebook, including a few people who seem to be Kemper haters - all they ever say is get a valve amp. So I wouldn't use that as a useful guide....

They work for Helix and Fractal. :rolleyes:

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• There is definitely a lot of general noise on Facebook

As if there isn't a lot of general noise here... :rolleyes: Regardless, when it comes to evaluating anything from a restaurant to purchasing _______, I pay close attention to the critical reviews, especially the ones involving quality control, and that has served me reasonably well in all aspects of my consumerism. Moreover, there have been plenty of valid criticisms of kemper quality control over the years, so I see no reason to rule out what I read just because it was on FB. YMMV

• Part of me would love to do that, should have got unpowered toaster and amp instead of powered toaster in hindsight.

Or add amp and have a W/D/W rig that would fill the living room :)

• Hi there.

I have a powered toaster, how have people found the Kemper Kab?

Thanks

For context: I have a PowerRack and passive Kabinet.

Do you have an affinity for any of the speakers on the list of speaker imprints?

Have you ever chased after the sound of a specific speaker?

My answer to both questions was "no".

I got mine out of curiosity, just for fun.

Happy on both points.

Speaker Imprints

Celestion Blue Bulldog Alnico

Celestion G12M "Green Back"

Celestion G12H (Orange® OEM)

Celestion G12H 30W

Celestion G12-100

Celestion V30

Celestion G12M-65 "Creamback”

Celestion G12T-75

Jensen P12R

Jensen P12Q

Jensen C12N Ceramic

Jensen Vintage P10R8 10"

Jensen Vintage C10R 10"

Electro Voice EVM12L BlackLabel Zakk Wylde Signature

Goodmans Audiom 61

Oxford 12L6

MFD Eminence Legend 125 50W

JBL D120F

JBL 2110 8"

• I cant speak for the kab, but I bought 2 kones and made a 212 with them, they are my fun machine but recently I find myself just using 2 or 3 imprints, so now I have a creambacks 212, a bassmand 408 made cabinet, and a katana artist mkii with the waza speaker. I am about fine in the tone department, and I touch the kone 212 less and less.

That being said, If you dont have a good variety of cabs, or you actually want to discover what you like, the kab should be perfect for you, hands down.

Thanks to it I know I dont like Bulldogs on anything except vox amps...

The answer is 42

• As if there isn't a lot of general noise here... :rolleyes: Regardless, when it comes to evaluating anything from a restaurant to purchasing _______, I pay close attention to the critical reviews, especially the ones involving quality control, and that has served me reasonably well in all aspects of my consumerism. Moreover, there have been plenty of valid criticisms of kemper quality control over the years, so I see no reason to rule out what I read just because it was on FB. YMMV

Not exactly the point I meant:rolleyes:...and no, I don't believe there is not the same level of noise on here.

I did not say don't read, I implied they are very skewed on FB and not as a single guide and therefore balanced view is always required. You could argue its skewed on here, but trolls tend to be outed quicker on here - which I would suggest is why some of them avoid this forum.

As you also point out that is my YMMV...