Strange navigation knob behaviour

• When i browse Rigs using the right knob on top of the screen, if i turn the knob to the right the selections goes down which is the oposite expected on all interfaces i know.

Normally turning right goes up and turning left goes down, because the windows is on the left of the knob. The selection should go in the same direction than the movment of the knob.

• For me I feel it works as it should.

I think that you got the feeling wrong, what you describe as down, is actually browsing the rigs up (e.g with sort by date, you are browsing from the oldest to the latest date, or by name you are moving from A to Z).

Also I checked with my VoiceLive rack's knob and that has the same reaction.

• The right "Browse" knob is correct for me, to the right = higher = next = down in a list. But the Rig up/down buttons are reversed IMO, I'd assume they'd be down to go next in the list rather than down to go lower in e.g. alphabetical value etc i.e. down goes from b to a rather than a to b.

• The selection on the screen should go in the same direction than the knob.
    The direction of the knob is given par the relativ position of the screen.
    If the knob is located at the right of the screen, turning it to the right should move the selection to the top of the screen.This is not a question of alphabetical order...

The left knob works fine. All the other knobs work fine too. When you select effects the selection goes in the same direction than the knob.
    when you set your input the progress bar goes in the same direction than the knob too.
    All other knobs are ok..and the rig buttons too.
    This right knob always lost me.

I will check my other gears.
    I know for sure that the big wheel of the Axe Fx works correctly...it is on the right of the screen too.
    I will check my podt xt pro, my TC Fireworx, the VG99...

It's a detail but it lost me every time.

Edited once, last by mba ().

• When i browse Rigs using the right knob on top of the screen, if i turn the knob to the right the selections goes down which is the oposite expected on all interfaces i know.

Normally turning right goes up and turning left goes down, because the windows is on the left of the knob. The selection should go in the same direction than the movment of the knob.

You drive an Audi?
    Audi's entertainment system is the only device I know that does it this way you desire.
    I know half a dozend Audi drivers that are constantly confused by that.

• You drive an Audi?
    Audi's entertainment system is the only device I know that does it this way you desire.
    I know half a dozend Audi drivers that are constantly confused by that.

Count me in. The Audio/VW GPS/Entertainment system is the only one on the market I could never figure out, no matter what. I'm not much of an VW/Audi-fan anyway, but that point particularly drives me nuts whenever I'm forced to use an Audi.

• Do you get forced into Audi's often for a living ? :D

Our company cars are Audi and depending on the purpose and distance of a business trip our car policy indeed forces me to use a company car and hence an Audi ;)

And my parents in law have one as well and the pressure when driving them somewhere is even higher than the car policy in my company ;)

• I hope you don't share the same drinking habits as your famous Brazilian namesake.

Garrincha "was involved in several serious road accidents, notably a crash into a lorry in April 1969 which killed his mother-in-law" according to wikipedia.

;)