Wah loses its settings

• Hi all,

I recently had some weirdness with my unpowered Kemper rack and its wah settings. I had been using it (with a Mission) wah w/o issues for nearly two years, with toe down = off settings. Last week it suddenly stopped turning off, it would remain on, nothing I could do would get it to turn off - save for setting it to heel down or stop.

After that, it started to randomly act as a volume pedal on some performances - although it had been configured as a wah. Bringing it back to full volume position wouldn't help, it would remain at a lower volume - even on different performances.

The only way I could get it back to "normal" was to switch to browser mode, and then back to performance. Eventually I was able to reset the wah to work in toe down = off... but it is still acting up. It seems to be limited to one performance now, it randomly switches from wah to volume.

Anyone else ever seen this? It is on the latest firmware.

• You seem to be missing basic understanding of items explained in the manual:

If an expression pedal configured as Wah Pedal occasionally acts as Volume Pedal, it means

1. "WahPedal > Volume" is activated in System Settings,

2. there is currently no active Wah effect or the Wah effect is set to Pedal Mode "Touch" or "Off".

While 1. is a global settings not requiring any storing, 2. can vary by Rig/Slot and situation and needs to be stored. Nothing "gets lost".

If the Wah effect doesn't get deactivated when your expression pedal rests in toe position, check the Pedal Mode in the Wah effect. Is it really set to "Bypass @ Toe"? Again, this is a local setting, which can vary by Rig/Slot and effect module. If "Bypass @ Toe" doesn't work, recalibrate your expression pedal, It appears the pedal doesn't reach the maximum value in toe position anymore.

The Main Manual includes a dedicated chapter related to expression pedals covering Wah Pedal and WahPedal> Volume in particular., POEdal Mode is explained in the Wah effect chapter.

• ... and please calibrate the pedal:

Press Calibrate on the page , where you assign the Wah pedal function to the sockert PEDAL n followed by a complete sweep of the connected expression pedal. The bar needs to move from minimum to maximum. On page Pedal Links you can also check the value for the Wah Pedal. It needs to range from 0 to 127. If the pedal doesn't reach value 127 in toe position, the Wah effect doesn't stop. Bypass@Toe expects the value to reach maximum.