Clarified: Volume not enough!!

• Hi guys,

I just got a Profiler POWERRACK, with an Orange PPC412 (4x12 16ohm).

As per the manual I have connected the monitor output to the cabinet, and have turned off cab sim. It sounds great, but there is no power to it, must be around 100dB.

I play a 50w 1x10 Mesa Rectifier Combi for practice sometimes and on that I can barely turn the output past 1 without bleeding ears.

Yes I have turned the monitor output from -12dB to 0dB, and main volume all the way up, it's literally maxed, unless I'm missing some setting.

Some have mentioned the power amp boost in other threads, but the output menus on the PowerRack does not have it listed, so if it is there I would appreciate a button by button guide.

If you know how to get it louder please help!

• Connect the speaker to the red speaker output. Usually helps on that problem.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• WAIT! I'm new so forgive me, but have the shop sent me the UNpowered rack profiler? I don't have a speaker out.

You should know what you are buying when spending that amount of money. Make sure the shop sent you the correct profiler. If that one is correct then you need to connect a "powered " cab to monitor out, or connect a solid state amp that is connected to a passive cab on the monitor out.

Like I mentioned before, read the manual. It's all in there.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• This is an unpowered KPA.
    the powered one locks like this:

Oh, thanks. They definitely sent the wrong one.

You should know what you are buying when spending that amount of money. Make sure the shop sent you the correct profiler. If that one is correct then you need to connect a "powered " cab to monitor out, or connect a solid state amp that is connected to a passive cab on the monitor out.

Like I mentioned before, read the manual. It's all in there.

Lol, I knew what I was buying, they sent the wrong one. The problem is the quickstart guide is generic and covers all models, with no diagram of the back. It refers to Speaker OUT/Monitor OUT regarding cabs, so I didn't realise.

TBF, considering it's unpowered it has got some decent volume through the monitor out 8o

Many Thanks!

• The Main Manual is essential reading as you get to know your Kemper better, but you did nothing wrong going by the Quick Start Guide initially, which should tell you all you need to know when you just want to start playing for the first time! Since you ordered a powered Kemper, it was only natural to assume that's what you'd received, and to link what you read about the Monitor/Speaker Output to the one output you saw on the unit...

Anyway, I hope the store makes it right as soon as possible.

• Yeah I'm impressed too. Need to check if one could drive a small speaker through the monitor out.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• that is not recommended as it could potentially harm the OP amp that drives the monitor output if you use it over a longer period of time with a speaker cab.

Hehe OK. Thanks for letting me know.