How to connect my BOSS FV500H to my Kemper Remote

• Hey guys.

So my question is very easy i think, but i can’t get it fixed, it’s driving me nuts. I checked a lot of youtube videos but nothing is helping me out.
    Let my explain my set up. So i have a powered kemper rack and a kemper remote. In my rack i have a line 6 g55 going to the alternative output.

Now on the youtube videos i see that there is one cable going from the volume pedal to input 3 in the remote. The volume pedal has 1 input, 1 output and 1 ext.

So first, i don’t know what cable goes where. I know that there is a post or pre possebility for the volume pedal, and i really have tried everythint, but the volume pedal isn’t doing anytime.

I know it works because i used him when i bought him. When i was there he was using 2 cables, but also that i tried. I really don’t understand what i have to do. Someone help me out please?? :S

• On page 16 of the Remote Quick Start Guide it shows you exactly where to plug it in for Volume, Morph, Wah, and Pitch. You use a TS cable like a patch TRS cable 16'' -24'' long depending on how you lay it out. And then you check to see if you need to calculate it in the Kemper.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• It's explained well in the Main Manual 8.5 (kemper-amps.com - support - downloads), chapter "Expression Pedals and Foot Switches" starting on page 134.

Use the "ext"-out of your pedal, you need a TRS-cable. (I think, with "calculate" BayouTexan means "calibrate".)

Good luck!

• Hi

thank you very much for the reply! I think maybe i am using the wrong cable to do this then. I will look for this TRS cable and let you know if it worked!

• I found an old fender patch cable, but this also doesn’t do the trick. I’m also not using the original kemper remote cable, but an ordinary lan cable. The remote works, so i doubt thats the problem.

• The Fender “patch” cable is almost certainly TS not TRS.

TRS cables are stereo. They have a normal Tip (T) and 2 black circles for the Ring (R) and Sleeve (S). A regular TS instrument /parch cable will only have a Tip and a single black circle for the Sleeve. TS cables are not compatible with 99.9999% of all expression pedals.