Rosettenville Veranda 1980

• Winter afternoon daydreaming on my veranda in Rosettenville, Johannesburg South Africa, was a favourite thing of mine to do when I was a boy. The warm winter sun shining through the glass used to make me fall into a daze and forget about the world around me. Everyday in winter when I returned from school Fat Cat would be baking in the sun on the window sill. She taught me how to do it. This song was inspired by those care free moments.

Rosettenville Veranda 1980

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.

• Interesting track, cool off kilter rhythm and nice big guitar sounds for the solos at the end. The major/minor dissonant playoff between backing track and guitar could probably do with being a transition rather than the whole track as it loses its specialness.

• Thanks Per, that's a great observation, I might do that sometime, it's one of those tracks that I sat with for so long and eventually left it as is, probably for the lack of being able to write something better for the backing track that actually made sense to me.

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.

• Thanks waraba :)  Franjoe30 thanks, I am not home right now but I used 3 or 4 different profiles, I'll have to double check, I think one of them was called cathedral that I used on some of the lead parts and added a good amount of drive to it. The acoustic parts were recorded clean into the DAW through an Audio-Technica condenser mic, and a Shure SM57.

Jimi Hendrix.