Keith Merrow Kemper pack. Anyone tried?

• I just bought Keith’s new Kemper pack from his website. Pretty well produced and were all recorded using his iso-cab, which I’ve never heard of profiles being done that way before.

There’s a few 5150 profiles, REVVs, an Alien head, Archon, etc. No Diezels though (wtf?). They’re selected tones from his commercial releases and are pretty much mix ready.

I paid $30 for 17 profiles. Can honestly say they sound better than Middletons, Hertz, Madsen profiles.

Has anyone else tried them yet?

• $30 for 17 Profiles sounds mega-expensive. :/

entirely depends on what you are getting in the pack and the quality of the production. If $30 is too expensive anyone out there is free to buy the amps/pedals/cabs/mics various other equipment in the chain and take the time to do it themselves. I’ve paid over the years far more for less in packs I know have quality sounds.

• I just bought Keith’s new Kemper pack from his website. Pretty well produced and were all recorded using his iso-cab, which I’ve never heard of profiles being done that way before.

There’s a few 5150 profiles, REVVs, an Alien head, Archon, etc. No Diezels though (wtf?). They’re selected tones from his commercial releases and are pretty much mix ready.

I paid $30 for 17 profiles. Can honestly say they sound better than Middletons, Hertz, Madsen profiles.

Has anyone else tried them yet?

What sounds better than others is just a matter of taste and guitar(s) and pickups used. If I buy them I might be dissapointed. But hey that might be me.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• He should post some sound samples. He most likely would sell more if he did. Buying blind is a hard sell IMO.

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

• Agreed. Especially if you’re not a fan of his work.

I also got Fluff’s recent profiles set from his website for €5, which is a bit more varied. He did do a video on YT I think.

I do like some of Merrow's sounds but he has some varied sounds on his different projects. That said, I have a lot of the high quality heavy tone packs (some you mentioned in your initial post) and am not sure if these profiles bring much different to the table sound or amp wise. A couple sound clips from Keith would be a big help, especially for the price. I will check the other out you mentioned. Thank you for the heads up. :)

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

• lol what about lasse , 50 dollar

single profile lol

Yes, that is crazy ..and so are 64 people so far :huh: ...beeing a commercial profile seller can be a pretty lucrative business it seems 8)

BTT - From Keith Merrow's Kemper Rig Pack i like the profile of the Jeff Loomis 5150 amp a lot, and even if it seems like a bargin compared to Lasse Lammerts VH4 profile, i have to agree with Monkey_Man and RockyStar - its just too expenssive ...at least until there is more info available - soundclips, reviews or preferably free Sample(s) (i know, very unlikely with 17 Profiles the whole pack..)

booshben - can you try to explain what makes it sound/feel better than the Tue Madsen pack too you?

Or as DonPetersen already asked, how is it in comparison to the his free Kemper Rig Pack, especially to the Loomis 5150 profile i mentioned above?

Thx