Unpowered Kemper Kabinet V2 released

• Well. That's why it was out of stock the last weeks ;)

New version of the Kabinet released.

What do you think? I was always thinking about getting a kabinet, but i think now is a good time :D

Edit: and it's ordered... couldn't wait.

Edited 3 times, last by spotter ().

• It was already very light so not sure thats a big win, but the slanted stand is!!!

If it sounds as good as the original ( I'm sure it will), I think you'll like it!!!!

• It was already very light so not sure thats a big win, but the slanted stand is!!!

If it sounds as good as the original ( I'm sure it will), I think you'll like it!!!!

Just had a quick search. It was 11,3kg before. Now it's 10,5kg. Not a massive difference for sure, but on the other side it will be in the rehearsal room most of the time. It's the same speaker like the powered Kabinet is using, and i haven't heard that there are differences.

• Just had a quick search. It was 11,3kg before. Now it's 10,5kg. Not a massive difference for sure, but on the other side it will be in the rehearsal room most of the time. It's the same speaker like the powered Kabinet is using, and i haven't heard that there are differences.

Yeah I've got 2 of them and the first thing you notice is how light they are....shockingly light for a speaker cab. So for me, them being any lighter is not much of an advantage, but you are right, does explain the availability.

I assume the Kones will soon be back in stock as well...exciting stuff...and you live up to your name. Well spotted!!!

• Hmm ordered a non powered kabinet two weeks ago from Long & McQuade and it hasn’t been in stock since. Now with v2 I wonder will Kemper still sell these in music stores or sell them exclusive from the website like the powered kabinet ?

• Hmm ordered a non powered kabinet two weeks ago from Long & McQuade and it hasn’t been in stock since. Now with v2 I wonder will Kemper still sell these in music stores or sell them exclusive from the website like the powered kabinet ?

Kemper Canada site shows 2 - 3 work days.

• I think it will come fairly soon as V1's appeared pretty quickly once released.

V2 was only announced yesterday I think?

Correct. Kemper can't give PMT (in the UK) any ETA.

I don't know whether to buy direct from Kemper or not. I'm worried about being stung with import costs.

• Correct. Kemper can't give PMT (in the UK) any ETA.

I don't know whether to buy direct from Kemper or not. I'm worried about being stung with import costs.

I would hang fire for a few days as its easier to buy from UK suppliers. Maybe some other people can advise differently.

I might have a V1 for sale ( as I have 2 ) :)

• Yeah, will hang on maybe. PMT said Kemper couldn't tell them anything. That amazed me...

I suspect that its still really early and with covid and brexit, double whammy. I'm sure you'll get it sorted soon, but I'm like you, when I set my heart on something I can't wait ;)

• I suspect that its still really early and with covid and brexit, double whammy. I'm sure you'll get it sorted soon, but I'm like you, when I set my heart on something I can't wait ;)

I've had my Powerhead and Remote for nearly a week. (I had the wrong one delivered twice) and thought I had a Kab on order.
    I'm not a great headphone player, much prefer the amp in the room so I've not really dived into it yet. Painful :')

• I've had my Powerhead and Remote for nearly a week. (I had the wrong one delivered twice) and thought I had a Kab on order.
    I'm not a great headphone player, much prefer the amp in the room so I've not really dived into it yet. Painful :')

Ahh no wonder you are chomping at the bit!

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

• The new passive Kabinet is available at the Kemper US store, jumped $60 from v1. Been contemplating a remote for about a year, don't really need it but would be nice to have, looks like they've gone up $40-$50, can't remember the exact price they were previously. Not a complaint, just an observation, I'm saving the complaints for Lowes and Home Depot's new pricing on inventory! I had to buy outlets, switches and cover plates last week for a house I'm helping a family member remodel, there were about 8 other customers shopping in the same isle and as sticker shock began to spread through the group I felt the impending doom of a riot on the horizon, gathered my supplies quickly and got out ?

• The new passive Kabinet is available at the Kemper US store, jumped $60 from v1. Been contemplating a remote for about a year, don't really need it but would be nice to have, looks like they've gone up $40-$50, can't remember the exact price they were previously. Not a complaint, just an observation, I'm saving the complaints for Lowes and Home Depot's new pricing on inventory! I had to buy outlets, switches and cover plates last week for a house I'm helping a family member remodel, there were about 8 other customers shopping in the same isle and as sticker shock began to spread through the group I felt the impending doom of a riot on the horizon, gathered my supplies quickly and got out ?

You can use the waybackmachine from archive.org if you want to look for "old" prices. The unpowered Kabinet was 480$ (now 540$). But the prices in the german shop also changed a little bit. There's also a 50€ difference.