More Compressor Choices for Bassists

• I'm a bass player using a Kemper and I'd LOVE to see an 1176 and an LA2A profiled. I know they aren't all the same but they do all have that "sound" which is essential when recording and now playing. The Darkglass ADAM has done this and it's amazing. For bassists, these compressors are the holy grail.

James

• The built in Comp Stomp does some amazing things. And as Don said the AMP comp is really a clean dynamic range comp.

The AMP section has the PICK setting as well that may give some benefits.

There are also things like using DUCKING with EQ or other stomps to play with the attack dynamics, color, etc.

Curious how far people have gone with all of these possible settings? This thing has a million little hidden tweaks available. It was very well thought out. 10/10.

My point is it seems like almost any bass compression could be made somehow. Using the combo of options above. Especially since you probably do not use all of the stomps that a guitarist would use.

Sadly I am still working thru the 18000 guitar amp profiles to play with bass much yet ^^

• My point is it seems like almost any bass compression could be made somehow. Using the combo of options above. Especially since you probably do not use all of the stomps that a guitarist would use.

The thing about some of those classic compressors though is that they are anything but clean/transparent. They each have their own character like preamps or OD pedals. It would be really nice to have some way of capturing their vibe as well as simple gain reduction functionality.

• also the Mix parameter in the Compressor STOMP, for a version of the 'New York' (parallel) compression technique

• I use the compressor in there all the time. I am getting results that I can use ?

It cannot get it to do what my DBX does though. The compressor needs traditional controls and a gain reduction meter. I would like to replicate exactly what I get from my DBX and not ‘use my ear’ to get something similar but not quite right.

No one has to use any future studio style compressor if they don’t want to. They will still have the stomp one that is in there if they are perfectly happy with it.

Would be nice to have the option of something more precise with traditional controls.

• I use the compressor in there all the time. I am getting results that I can use ?

It cannot get it to do what my DBX does though. The compressor needs traditional controls and a gain reduction meter. I would like to replicate exactly what I get from my DBX and not ‘use my ear’ to get something similar but not quite right.

No one has to use any future studio style compressor if they don’t want to. They will still have the stomp one that is in there if they are perfectly happy with it.

Would be nice to have the option of something more precise with traditional controls.

The dbx160 is a very special compressor.

To be fair, no other compressor can be made to sound like it, even if it has a full set of parameters. ;)

• The thing about some of those classic compressors though is that they are anything but clean/transparent. They each have their own character like preamps or OD pedals. It would be really nice to have some way of capturing their vibe as well as simple gain reduction functionality.

I agree with your statement. That is why I added the ducking options. With an EQ or Boost you could color the sound.

And I am always for adding more stomps to the Kemper. I just wanted to point out some options for people who do not want to wait for that to happen. With some tweaking they could maybe get close to what they need now.