Shipping to UK - Import Taxes etc

• Hi, I am looking to buy a Kab but being from the UK Brexit has caused issues.

I was wondering if you know the charges UPS will charge a UK Customer.

I can't see any charges on their site and I of course don't want to be stung.

I had a V1 Kab on order with PMT but they've called to say that Kemper have not given them any lead times for V2's being ready for UK dealers.
    Wondering if anyone has bought direct from Kemper to the UK.

Cheers.

• I just ordered a powered Kabinet shipping to Canada. They shipped via UPS express saver. According to the ups website brokerage charges are included on international orders for Express Saver. If my understanding is correct you should only have to pay Vat/duties only. Please correct me if I am wrong. Wondering myself what I will have to pay lol.

• Paid £914.23 for 2 Power Kabinets shipped to the UK and paid a further £207.61 to UPS prior to delivery.

Kemper also never included my promised free t shirts :(.

Thats insane. Gutted about the Ts.

I just ordered a powered Kabinet shipping to Canada. They shipped via UPS express saver. According to the ups website brokerage charges are included on international orders for Express Saver. If my understanding is correct you should only have to pay Vat/duties only. Please correct me if I am wrong. Wondering myself what I will have to pay lol.

Will update

• Paid £914.23 for 2 Power Kabinets shipped to the UK and paid a further £207.61 to UPS prior to delivery.

Kemper also never included my promised free t shirts :(.

Just some quick Maths, £182 of your £207 was VAT and Duty I assume?

£25 brokerage then maybe on top?

Mine is showing up on Thursday. I will update also.

Please do. I paid Kemper yesterday via Bank Transfer so I am hoping it's shipped this week.

• They bought the powered cab. Im assuming £100 vat and £25 import charges.

Sounds about right.

20% VAT - I was told maybe a 3.7% import duty (I don't think so though) and a brokerage fee. Amazingly UPS couldn't tell me their fees. Useless

I've had a go at working out some costs for the Kab so I can be prepared for the UPS bill;

Kemper Kab (Paid to Kemper)
    £312.05
    inc VAT (20%) (Paid to UPS)
    £374.46
    Duty? (3.7%) (Paid to UPS)
    £13.86
    Duty Added Total£388

It's still better than waiting until August for the UK Retailers to get them in stock mind. UPS have been useless and I can see why this is causing lots of UK buyers headaches...
    I've also seen stories of pople not being charged VAT or any import fees. I am amazed they don't have to publish a cost outline on their sites.

• Update;
    Arrived in the UK and is due for Delivery tomorrow!

Got scanned in at Germany on the 3rd

Left Germany early this morning and arrived into Stanford Le Hope later this morning.

No word on VAT or Duty yet.

Sooooooooon

• Excited?

• IT'S HERE!

USP told me "We tried to deliver your parcel". No they didn't they drove up, had a look in the street and hopped back into the van.
    I've collected the Kab from a local access point.

So far I've had nothing from UPS to pay any extra. I have no idea why, I was fully expecting something.

So, the Kab is setup. On first boot and adding some Volume the Kemper bricked and rebooted. I also noted a pop/click on startup and shutdown but I think that's normal?

I am a bedroom user currently so it's at -90db for monitoring which seems insane but I am going to deafen everyone here if I go louder.

What's you experience V8guitar with the pops/clicks? Also, do you keep the head on top of the Kab when playing?

Also, the T-Shirt is super soft.

• Did you pay tax?

• I totally understand your concerns about shipping and import taxes when buying a product from the US to the UK after Brexit. I did some research and found some helpful information on https://www.paystubcreator.net/ that might be helpful for you. According to their website, UPS charges a brokerage fee, customs clearance fee, and applicable duties and taxes for international shipments. You can also check with UPS for more information on their specific charges, but it's always better to be prepared for additional costs.You can also check with Kemper if they have more information