Kemper through Mixing Console troubles

• I am a total noob so I hope to find someone with the patience to hold my hand here and provide me with a detailed description to hopefully correct my problem.

I have been running my Kemper powered rack mount through a Kemper Kabinet. Have all my sound set up and quite happy with what I'm getting.

Our band is now using a mixing board and headphones to rehears. I'm coming out of the Left Main Output XLR of the Kemper into a channel on the Allen and Heath SQ5. I have the Main Output on the Kemper set to Master Mono (see pic).

Everything is working fine as far as getting signal but it sounds nothing like the sounds I had running through the Kemper Kabinet. I fully expect this but I have no idea what I should do to get a better tone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Rehearsal in 5 hours!!! Yikes.

• It sounds like you don't have a cabinet on the main out. I don't know how you had the Kabinet connected to the Kemper. You don't need a cabinet for the signal running to the Kabinet but you do for a direct out to the mixer.

• I have no Kemper Kabinet so I cannot speak about that. But if it souns like "cabless" on the main out: Is the cab Module active and is there a cabinet selected?

• It sounds like you don't have a cabinet on the main out. I don't know how you had the Kabinet connected to the Kemper. You don't need a cabinet for the signal running to the Kabinet but you do for a direct out to the mixer.

I was wondering about this. How do I turn the cabinet on? Can I make adjustments to the cabinet once I have it on and how would I do this? Sorry, total noob in a tight spot right now. Appreciate your help.

• I was wondering about this. How do I turn the cabinet on? Can I make adjustments to the cabinet once I have it on and how would I do this? Sorry, total noob in a tight spot right now. Appreciate your help.

Did you have the Kabinet connected to the main out or the monitor out originally?

Is the cabinet button light up on the front of your Kemper? If not press it and turn it on. You can hold it to see what cabinet is there and scroll to one you want to use. If it is on, I would hold it and check to see what is there.

EDIT:

I see you have the power rack. That tells me that you had it connected to the out for a speaker. The cabinet for the main out may be an issue then.

• I was wondering about this. How do I turn the cabinet on? Can I make adjustments to the cabinet once I have it on and how would I do this? Sorry, total noob in a tight spot right now. Appreciate your help.

Is the cabiet LED glowing? If not: Cab module is deactivated. Since I don't know if you did a lot of tweaking to your sound you might want to check with a standard Kemper rig if there may be an issue.

• I had the Cabinet connected to the monitor out. I'll check the cabinet light now. What issues would the cabinet for the main out be for a Powered Kemper and can I correct this?

• I had the Cabinet connected to the monitor out. I'll check the cabinet light now. What issues would the cabinet for the main out be for a Powered Kemper and can I correct this?

It isn't a problem. Just something you have to set.

Cabinet was off. With the Cabinet on I get WAY BETTER tone. It was lifeless and brittle before.

There you go! You can now try different cabinets if you want to, or leave it where it is.