How to create a pre-effect flange or swoosh volume swell on a drum track or guitar?

• Anyone know how to add a pre-effect to a drum track so that you can get something like an ambient swoosh volume swell before the actual kick or snare sound? I hear this effect a lot in rock music but not sure how to do it.

I can only guess that you would duplicate the track and have the duplicate at 30ms ahead of the original, take out the dry and leave 100% wet on it, and then use a volume envelop ahead of each kick or snare from zero to full volume. This is a lot of work. Is there some easier way?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Take the first snare hit and duplicate on another track. You reverse the track. Add reverb and print it. Then flip the track back the right way.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Take the first snare hit and duplicate on another track. You reverse the track. Add reverb and print it. Then flip the track back the right way.

Now that I know what this effect is called, "Reverse Effect" I was able to find these vid tutorials to get me started. Thanks!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.