Studio Equalizer Volume independent from Mix Parameter. Bug or Feature?

• I thought that if the mix parameter is set to 0, it's the same as having the equalizer off.

But if I have mix at 0 and change the volume it still has an effect.

Rig Manager 3.2.65.17265
    Profiler Stage 8.6.6.32756

• Page 199 of the manual.

Equalizer (Yellow)

This group of effects offers you a nice selection of high-quality equalizers. They can be placed either before or after the stack section, as each configuration has a different impact on the sound.

The “Mix” parameter is common to all the equalizers and controls the impact of all the EQ bands combined. Graphic Equalizer, Studio Equalizer, and Metal Equalizer offer “Low Cut” and “High Cut” in addition to their other controls.

Graphic Equalizer

An 8-band, octave equalizer, with fixed frequency bands ranging from 80 Hz to 10 kHz. Very often, this will prove to be the easiest way to control the frequency spectrum of your sound.

Each band can be boosted or attenuated by up to 12 dB. You can control the mix of the original and the equalized sound by using the “Mix” soft knob.

Studio Equalizer

The Studio Equalizer is a full, 4-band parametric equalizer, similar to those found in professional mixing desks or digital workstations. It offers one low shelf, one high shelf and two peak equalizer bands. All four bands have adjustable frequency, and the two peak EQ bands come with adjustable bandwidth or Q-factor. The low and high shelf filters can be switched between 1st and 2nd order.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I thought that if the mix parameter is set to 0, it's the same as having the equalizer off.

But if I have mix at 0 and change the volume it still has an effect.

I dont have a for sure answer but:

The Kemper software is made to be as versatile as possible. So it would make sense to have an overall VOL that adjusts the mixed EQ-clean signal.

This way you can use the EQ as a solo boost with EQ. Like pump the mids a little and add +1 dB to the vol to drive the input gain harder. You can also add a little ducking so you get more sustain while soloing.

Having the VOL and DUCKING options adds all kinds of abilities to the stomps. It extends them beyond the normal use case.

I keep saying, Kemper nails giving us easy to use flexibility.