What i like - What i dislike with my KPA

• I just open this post in order to give my impressions about this machine. I will just write one post that i will update after a few weeks but i can make already a few comments.
    Everybody can add his own post here like/dislike.

LIKE :
    _ the small head format, it's nice and the box looks rock solid. it's not heavy at all
    _ the leather handle
    _ the silence...no fan
    _ the dynamic color lights, i have the black version and it looks like a tannenbaum in the dark. The lights change of colors dynamicaly, it's nice and smart.(very useful)
    _ the sound, just wow when you play with fingers.
    _ the fact that you can remove the cabs and it still sounds great
    _ the cabs, it's so easy to have new cabs and they sound all as good or better than the ones in my Axe Ultra.
    _ i can capture the models of the Ultra or use the cab models of the KPA with the Ultra and it works very well.
    _ the reverb, nice deep reverb, i hear the room.
    _ the knobs, smooth and accurate knobs.
    _ the color screen...it's funny
    _ high shift and low shift filters into the cab section, just turn them until you get the tone...and bamm!(character is great too)
    _ the usb stick, the size of the profiles etc...

to be continued

In beetween :
    _ the tag editor is ok. I select a new character wait a sec and it is validated. This system is better than the one into my Axe Fx Ultra. Of course having a software connection and computer's editor would be great...but it's ok for me now with this editor.(perhaps too many fields when you store a profile)

DISLIKE :
    _ you can't use spdif for profiling
    _ the browse knob in the top right of the screen does not work as i would like
    _ you can't profile a stomp box and save it into stomp locations
    _ you can't store a DI profile into an amp location, there is always a cab attached then when you want to add a cab it sounds not as great as with your preamp + KPA's cab
    _ i miss a basic cover for dust protection.

to be continued

Edited 8 times, last by mba ().

• The spidf for profiling comment seems strange to me, unless you're wanting to profile other modelers. You're profiling an analog amp and speaker cabinet, so it seems the A/D and D/A conversions would impact the profile negatively.

• But the tone ... :love:

Everything else is secondary.

There is no problem with the tone so...

The sound is great and better than what you think. I hope that you will get an idea with my first profiles.
    I've not finished my tests.

Edited once, last by mba ().

• The spidf for profiling comment seems strange to me, unless you're wanting to profile other modelers. You're profiling an analog amp and speaker cabinet, so it seems the A/D and D/A conversions would impact the profile negatively.

I just want to use another A/D converter which means another analog input (preamp) too.

• There is no problem with the tone so...

The sound is great and better than what you think. I hope that you will get an idea with my first profiles.
    I've not finished my tests.

My point was that the sound IS great, and for me all the other stuff falls away. It's all about the sound. Of course, that's just me ... :whistling:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I mean, original poster, look at your list... the negative side falls a lot shorter than the positive one, and is about (at least for me) very unimportant things :)

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• Some comments:

_ the browse knob in the top right of the screen does not work as expected

You expect it to work the other way around. This might not be seconded by a majority

_the browser display the author, the date/hour, and the amp/cab. I don't care about the date and especially the hour.

The amp name is shown in the middle of the signal flow in the display. We are trying to find a way to show the cab's name as well.

_ when browsing cabs you don't have the time to monitor cabs into the list, it comes back after 3 sec to the main screen..so you have to turn again the scroll knob to get the list

Press "Autoload" when the browse window is up. It will show "Load". Next time the window will stay and only disappear when you press "Load" or the Exit button.

_ i miss a basic cover for dust protection.

We are working on more important things at the moment :)

CK

• I gave an argumentation for the knob, selection should go in the same direction. No one has an opposite argumentation to provide. Anyway. :whistling:

I think the hour is not mandatory, in this case you perhaps could displai the Author and the date on the same top line. There will be so a full line for the amp and the cab.

I will discard the autoload option but it was useful. When i look for a cab i'm not sure that the first one will be the good one. So in don't understand why the autoload get me back to the main screen. It should be the same than with the load option. Actually i stop on a preset ...i strum the strings and i don't have the time to turn the knob for a new cab than i am back on the main page. With the load option i will have to browse stop push load, etc...the autoload would be usefull if it was active in this mode, if it stay like that it is useless.

I understand that you have your home work to do (midi controller?) but i will beg again for something important to me. lol

_ you can't store a DI profile into an amp location, there is always a cab attached then when you want to add a cab it sounds not as great as with your preamp + KPA's cab

• [quote='ckemper',index.php?page=Thread&postID=44447#post44447]Some comments:

Try loading a DI profile, then 'lock' the cab. Now all presets you load will automatically load the 'DI(blank)' cab.

• That's not what i want to do.
    By the way the DI cab is not blank IMO, that's the issue.
    I would like to be able to make a profile without a bloc cab attached.
    Check the new thread...

• I gave an argumentation for the knob, selection should go in the same direction. No one has an opposite argumentation to provide. Anyway. :whistling:

Here's one opposite argument for the function of the browse knob (which is currently very logical to me):
    As english (which is the language of KPA's operating system) is read from left to right and up to down it's logical for the browse knob to function in the same way. So if you turn it from left to right it advances in the alphabetical lists of rigs which equals to going downwards in the list.

That's my view on this utterly important matter which has kept me up many nights. :P

• Also do not forget that the browse view shows 2 pages of rigs at time, turning clockwise moves to the next page, very logical to me....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I think you read what suits you only, dear mate. I had posted on your other thread regarding the knob behavior, 2-3 days ago ;)

For me I feel it works as it should.

I think that you got the feeling wrong, what you describe as down, is actually browsing the rigs up (e.g with sort by date, you are browsing from the oldest to the latest date, or by name you are moving from A to Z).

Also I checked with my VoiceLive rack's knob and that has the same reaction.