memory card

• I know this is an strange subject but in the world of synths you have memory cards on which you can put the sounds you need for a gig. Different gigs can also mean different songs and different sounds and evenn different bands.

In the many years I have my Kemper Powerhead now it's been loaded with 1000 krigs. I know, much too many, but you go from one band to another, the same way as with synths, and you leave all where they are.

Of course you can make different banks of songs in your computer for different gigs or bands but just this evening my computer unhappily crashed (if you know what I mean...8)) What then? Have memory cards ever been considered? Saving krigs right of the Kemper into a card? Or am I talking nonsense here ;). Just curious.

• I have a USB stick (with the current OS and a backup) velcroed to the back of my KPA(s) and a spare in my bag, just in case.

I haven't had to use either in six years of using Kemper (including several long theatre runs - six days a week).

I think I have around 600 rigs on board, and keep all my KPAs in sync. I'd be inclined to trim your 1000 back a little - give the machine a bit of room to breathe.

• You could also use the very handy Performance mode...

Yes, I know, but somehow I have been used to arrange every rig with my midi controller through browser mode for 7 years now . Changing to Performance mode would take me a long time to understand and to use. But thank you anyway...:thumbup: