File Formats

• I just acquired a Kemper Profiler Stage and need to re-organize the profiles loaded on it. Most of the profiles on it are high gain and they all sound close to the same and I doubt I would ever use any of them.

I have downloaded more profiles and found some I CAN use but I ran into some that don't seem to import (as far as I can tell). I noticed at least 3 different file extensions .krig, .kpril and .kperformance (?). the .krig extensions load as expected. Are the others older formats that need to be converted or re-named? Are there others I haven't seen yet?

My plan is to backup the current contents then erase all contents and reload the ones I will use in an order that makes sense to me. I play multiple instruments so I will have a section for Guitar, Steel, Banjo Mandolin and Bass. The Guitar section will also be for multiple guitars, Strat, Tele, Taylor, Gretsch and so on (13 total). Before I can do that I need to know how to use these other formats because the Steel Amps are not in the .krig format (???).

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• That's good to know. What about the .kpril ? where do those load. ?

I have tried to read the manual but I am old (72) and undergoing cataract surgery so reading is not a fun thing for me right now. I had one eye done and have another week or to before I get the other one done. I saw nothing about file formats in the manual. Maybe someone can point me to the online documentation that covers this topic. (please).

Thanks for the welcome. I really like the Kemper Stage and already gave away 3 Line6 units and an Avid Eleven Rack, I don't think I will regret that at all.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• Welcome Sir! As paults stated, get Rig Manager installed on your computer and connect your Stage up via usb. Sit back and enjoy how easy it is to edit, delete, create performances, and it's as easy as drag-n-drop from Rig Exchange. This is after you get lost in hours of sampling Rigs without even to put them on your Stage unless you want to. And the ability to refine your searches on Rig Exchange, I could go on and on.. Enjoy!

• Hi and welcome to the Kemper Family and a lot of fun with your stage!

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112