EP1-K feel

• Hi all,

quick question: How does your EP1-K feel? I just got one and so far I'm not impressed when I compare it to the crybaby I owned years ago.

In your EP1, do you have a pressure point in the switch? For me, there's no feel for when it switches between modes, neither, when I lean on it nor when I stick my finger under the pedal and press the switch like that. I would expect a bit of resistance under the toe switch or a loud click when pressing it by hand.

Apart from that, the pedal travel is very light, I prefer having to work a bit more.

Is this just how the EP1 feels, or are yours different?

Thanks in advance!

• Thanks, that explains a lot! It should be possible to give the momentary switch some sort of pressure point, shouldn't it? Well, at least I know it's working as it should.

I'll look into tightening the screw for the pedal.

• I had the same issue with mine...lack of feel of the switch when engaging/disengaging.

I replaced the switch with another brand, although I dont recall which brand it was.

It was an improvement, but still not nearly as palpable as a a crybaby type switch.

Now i just rely on the orange light in Stomp 1 to tell me when it's on/off.

~Troy

• So do I. And I listen to the tone;)

• The problem with the original one is that you also never knew if it was engaged, so I hated the switch.

I converted a crybaby, removed the switch and use bypass@stop. Perfect for me....

• If anything, I wouldn't mind having a little more resistance on my EP-1 pedal. Or maybe I just have a Lead foot. :pinch: I did use to have to stomp them damn roaches back on Bourbon Street. Disgusting little bastards.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.