Sharing a repair experience

• I hear your pain although the majority of the issue is the shipping company. As far as I can see, the only issue with Kemper is they classified it as a sale and potentially sat on a correspondence ( but the shipping company were also talking to you).

Once shown its a repair, should be easy to re-classify it.

You should expect that they know what they are doing. You are not an expert in shipping and shouldn't have to be.

Kemper - although this isn't your fault, it certainly isn't your customers fault and will affect their interaction with you. Brexit has made any transactions harder/more complex. You do ship to the UK and potentially have more knowledge although agree its not your responsibility.

I have resisted buying direct from Kemper now because of the confusion but I hope it settles down.

I would suggest perhaps:

1) Recommended carriers

2) Advice/approved repairers in the UK

3) Some basic guidance and support

• Really sorry to hear about your experience Jon and you were unlucky with the Kemper breakdown.

The disaster that is Brexit is to blame here mostly. We were told it would cut red tape, but the opposite is true. I regularly ship things to Europe and around 1 in 10 packages get returned for no reason at all and have to paid for again.

Our government stuck two fingers up to Europe and they obviously don't like it. If you think this is tough, just imagine the extra costs and paperwork once we start touring again.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Thanks for the thoughts guys. Yes, certainly Brexit is part of the problem and UPS are often very poor. As you say though, it's part of Kemper's existence in the real world to work with this stuff if they want to do business in this world.

I can say with honesty that the one person who is at no fault whatsoever and who it's cost the most, is me. That's not fair, and some attempt from Kemper to make it fair would not be unreasonable. That's where it becomes apparent that they don't care about customers. That's ok, it's just good to know and a consideration when choosing what systems to invest in - and what to recommend.

• . That's where it becomes apparent that they don't care about customers.

Whilst I support your experience, I don't support that statement.

All my interactions with Kemper in the 7+ years have been very positive. Support have been extremely responsive and never any issue.

I understand on this subject they made you feel that but again remember this is not their doing and I suspect some level of frustration from their end.

• It's not Kemper that s*cks, it's Brexit that s*cks. Whether you have voted for it or not, your have to live with the consequences.

I completely disagree, that Kemper doesn't care about their customers. I had mine unit serviced twice, all done swiftly.

You can always try competition products and their service. By the time they will accept your request, new version of the device (FX7 Ultra Crypto HEX) will be released.

There are always solutions though. You can move to the country within EU :)

I feel your pain, I wish you luck in your endeavours, but the biggest factor on what happens was decision to leave the EU.

Good luck :)

• I’m based in Denmark and bought a BluAmp Blubox from Anderton’s just before Brexit officially came in to play. It was dead on arrival, so I had to send it back. Anderton’s wouldn’t exchange it for a new unit and insisted on sending it for repair. Once it came back, the UK had officially left the EU and I was charged import duty and tax, which added 50% to the price. The packing invoice declared it as a sale, not a repair. Though Anderton’s did what they could to get me my money back, they laid blame with the shipping company. I contacted the shipping company and they told me that they couldn’t do anything as they were bound by bureaucratic law. It’s a horror show, but it’s neither the company’s or the shipper’s fault.

• That's where it becomes apparent that they don't care about customers.

Before you accuse, where are your proof? You don't have any proof. I have nothing but good to say abouth the the kemper team. I have sent my unit back for repair once. The kemper team have been the best and most customer caring company I have ever experinced in my whole life.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• it's part of Kemper's existence in the real world to work with this stuff if they want to do business in this world

You mean the real world in which neither your government (tax authority) nor a huge company like UPS manage to handle the situation, a tiny company like Kemper should? From what I saw in your video, Kemper didn't charge you ridiculous money. I think if you expect a small company like Kemper to compensate (and accept a loss) for the incompetence of UK government and UPS ... well, you might have to re-adjust your compass. :)

• I can say with honesty that the one person who is at no fault whatsoever and who it's cost the most, is me.. That’s not far…….

I’ve looked at this thread from to time. The situation sucks for sure. I doubt you’ll like what I’m about to say.

The above quote is where I feel you’re mistaken.

You’re a victim, yes. But accepting *zero* blame here?

You're an adult, You were involved……. You carry some of the blame. Fairness doesn’t enter into it.

You *could* have done things differently, but didn’t. Same as Kemper and the same as the governments involved.

Stuff happens.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• Next topic: why did the editor take so long? ;)

What it has to do with your case?

It's obvious that you're in uncomfortable situation, but then why don't you record YouTube video saying, that Brexit from economical standpoint was not wise, or that UPS are bunch of bureaucrats.

As for editor took so long, you may choose one of the answers:

1) I called them and ordered them to wait

2) Chris Kemper was reading a book and studying C++, laying on Bahamas and he couldn't focus

3) They had it developed, but mistakenly for UNIX and they had to rewrite it for Windows/MAC

See? It doesn't matter. It's a private company and they decide, how to run their business. And it doesn't matter even more in this case.

There you have webpage of UK customs authorities https://www.gov.uk/government/…rade-and-excise-enquiries

And a phone number: 0300 322 9434

Hope that helps :)

• Are you serious? ? So because one is an adult and involved, one automatically carries part of the blame? That’s some serious statement right there. I see no logic in that by the way.

I was driving my car on the road the other day. I was driving on the correct side of the road. So was the car driving towards me. Right until the other car suddenly strayed and ended up on the wrong side of the road and hit my car. I’m involved in the accident and I’m an adult, so I have to place part of the blame on myself. What is it then? Buying a car in the first place? Deciding to drive that day? Not being fast enough to avoid the collision? What is my part of the incident, that implies me putting blame upon myself? Hence the premise of being involved and an adult equals blame. Please do tell. I’m curious as I thought I was the victim only. So did the police and insurance company. Maybe we are all wrong and I need to accept the blame, because of the universal premise you refer to.

Can you elaborate on where you feel, that he could have done things differently?

Can you elaborate on where you feel, he as a costumer has to put the blame on himself?

• Can you elaborate on where you feel, that he could have done things differently?

Can you elaborate on where you feel, he as a costumer has to put the blame on himself?

1) If he voted for Brexit, he could haven't voted for Brexit.

2) Maybe taking blame on himself does not make a sense, but he could put blame on UK tax and customs authorities and UPS. Why not trying to fight on all fronts?

In the end, grown man don't cry in front of cameras, this is a sing of immaturity.

• 1) If he voted for Brexit, he could haven't voted for Brexit.

2) Maybe taking blame on himself does not make a sense, but he could put blame on UK tax and customs authorities and UPS. Why not trying to fight on all fronts?

In the end, grown man don't cry in front of cameras, this is a sing of immaturity.

1) This is not an argument unless you know, he voted for Brexit and even if he did just that, what kind of blame is required here? Are you to blame if you live in America, which is not the EU? Hey man….you decided to live in America. Dry your eyes or move to Europe? Really? Brexit is a political situation and has nothing to do with personal blame when something goes wrong. Hey…your kid died in a school shooting. Yeah….you live in America…get over it. That almost only happens in America due to your second amendment rights. So they are to blame for living in a country, which is different from yours and mine….political wise? Not really an argument that holds up. One has to dissect these things. Boiled down to its core it’s about shipping and how it was shipped. NOT about how a guy should vote. Lame argument.

2) He actually does precisely that. Didn’t you see the video? UPS is being presented as a part of a problem. The issue is that they hold on to their rights no matter what and pass the ball while raising their shoulders stating “sorry….nothing we can do”. That takes the costumer to Kemper support. Little help there as well. You see the problem? How can the costumer be to blame in this? Yes….taxes and customs exist. Are they sometimes difficult to apprehend? Indeed. But if the fault lies within HOW to declare the papers, where is the costumers fault? That only leaves one part to blame actually. Going ballistic on political themes is just plain weird when this is not a political thing. The political framework is already established and there is no way around that. It’s all about how to maneuver in this framework. And that is not his job, when it’s about the paperwork from the company.

A man can cry wherever he wants to. Who are you to state otherwise? Because you are a real manly man? A man who is tough, works with his hands, provides for his family with a wife staying at home doing the chores? Sorry….that seems like a very pathetic and old way of looking a what a man is supposed to do and what he isn’t supposed to do. So a man isn’t allowed to share a personal story, if it involves something he perceives as being wrong? That will exclude a lot. No more political debates going forward from there. You can only agree from now on.

And I would like you to elaborate on your claim about it being a sign of immaturity. You can elaborate from different perspectives like references to works of psychologists, cultural studies, anthropology, philosophy, biology and so on. You’re free to select your sources to back that claim up. Enlighten me with your insight and wisdom. Yes….it might sound arrogant, but your claim reeks of ignorance.

Edited 2 times, last by b_ryan ().

• 2) He actually does precisely that. Didn’t you see the video?

But why he titled video "Kemper You S*ck" not "UPS You S*ck" or "Brexit You S*ck"

A man can cry wherever he wants to.

Even when he is late for the train? When he doesn't get promotion at a job? This is what generation of snowflakes do.

Being grown man responsible for your life and choices doesn't mean you cannot cry, when you loose parents, it doesn't mean you can not show your emotions to your woman and kids.

But moaning in front of camera, that according to the mess in customs law, you have to pay tax is childish as it can get. In my opinion off course. You may find it very masculine.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• See….that’s exactly it. It’s NOT a tax issue. The rules of the taxes and customs are fixed at wherever they are. Non-adjustable. The fact that you constantly take it out of context is a problem. Either you don’t understand or you choose not to understand. The issue is filling out paperwork to go with the parcel to meet the required tax and custom rules in a country outside EU. When that paperwork isn’t filled out properly it isn’t meeting the required tax and customs rules. You see the difference from this and to what you keep referring to? Try not to keep messing these two things up.

Again…..I look forward to a serious argument from you about what is immature and where to cry and where not to cry based upon a decent level of references to people, who has a certain degree of knowledge in the field.

Why can’t a man cry about the things you mention? Who are you to judge what is right and wrong in circumstances you might not understand? What academic degree or knowledge do you possess to claim that position? You see….I wonder about people of your kind, who believes they carry the truth around. It must be nice.

If you saw the video, you will know that he also dives into the UPS situation. And I already explained why going after Brexit or customs and tax laws have no relevance here. No need to go further into that.

• 1) Why can’t a man cry about the things you mention? Who are you to judge what is right and wrong in circumstances you might not understand? What academic degree or knowledge do you possess to claim that position? You see….I wonder about people of your kind, who believes they carry the truth around. It must be nice.

2) If you saw the video, you will know that he also dives into the UPS situation. And I already explained why going after Brexit or customs and tax laws have no relevance here. No need to go further into that.

1) Men can cry for whatever reason, it's just beta males, that cry because of the paper work they have to do. Still this is my opinion you may find it masculine and responsible :)

2) Why then this video is titled "Kemper You S*ck" not "UPS You S*ck" - maybe because to get attention and justify own anger :)

By the way the rules and taxes and not fixed forever. They were fixed differently whilst UK was in EU. They are fixed differently, when UK decided to live on their own - which I respect.

Have a wonderful Sunday :)

• First of all….let’s just break this up into the parts of which they belong.

you started your rant about him crying on camera and being immature. He wasn’t crying physically. But I got what meant. Then you take the story over to one physically crying about missing a train or missing a job and somehow think it’s the same or maybe because you felt the pressure of argumentation like a noose around your neck. I don’t know. You are seriously missing the point of what I’m saying about the essence of this issue. The issue of a problem caused by third party of which one cannot place the blame on oneself. Being late to a train is probably your own fault, which is different. Within this you might even consider facts like other people and other things and how they might happen to prevent you from reaching the train at a certain time. Oh yes….you could have foreseen this every day and spent 3 hours going to the train instead of 30 minutes like normal. That way you are sure, that it’s not your fault, if you miss the train. There is always a case of self responsibility….until there isn’t anymore. A terror act for instance. That might stop you completely in reaching the train. But you somehow have to put the blame one yourself? No. Of course not. It’s out of your hands. Like here. Filling out paperwork for customs was not his job to do. It was the third party’s job. So here he’s put out of the equation as well.

Of course one can state that crying physically over a missed train, would be weird. But that wasn’t really the point. The point was non-physical crying at the beginning and you telling me and others how immature that is. But you brought the topic to physical crying as well like it’s the same. Does the immaturity lie within one crying at the train platform or within the person next to him who might not know the details of the circumstances and find the person immature? And also regarding speaking up about a problem. You call it crying though.

But I see. You are grading in alpha and beta male instincts. How would you know the circumstances of which someone cries is justifiable in terms of being alpha male? But I guess you feel that presenting yourself as being alpha male is the only right way of going about life. That makes me ask you again about documenting your claim about, why this is the correct way of acting. Until now it’s just proclamations with no substance of what you feel is right. You feel. Hey….you’re beta male for that.

Does the headline really matter? Isn’t it the context that matters? The headline only matters if people are not watching other than the headline. I will not go into reasons why he might have been able to call a video this or that. There might be several reason as you mention, but what has that to do with the main issue in the video, which actually IS presented in the headline.

No, taxes aren’t fixed forever. True. But it’s non-adjustable where it is right here and now. I’m not talking about how tax laws are 10 years from now. Laws change over time like a lot of stuff that isn’t stagnant. But right here and now they are fixed. So are laws about anything else….until they aren’t anymore and then and only then can you talk about it being changed. Up until that point rules are rules and is not affected by you or me.

To summarize everything:

1. Laws are fixed.
    2. The third party needs to fill out the paperwork correctly to fit these laws.
    3. Costumer is without blame
    4. I need a glass of rum
    5. Have a nice weekend and sorry if I came across arrogant ?