Sharing a repair experience

• While I’ve added my two cents and had it dismissed and/or woefully misinterpreted….I do sympathize. Truly.

What I vehemently disagree with is the manner in which you chose to express your displeasure.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Why? Maybe we hear that OP's story ended happily, he will say "sorry" for his emotional burst. If mods decide to close it, they close it.

Why? If it's not obvious for you......:rolleyes:

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• While I’ve added my two cents and had it dismissed and/or woefully misinterpreted….I do sympathize. Truly.

What I vehemently disagree with is the manner in which you chose to express your displeasure.

I mean, we all guitarists/musicians are empathetic beings, and having no gear to play is painful. Still I agree with your second point, grown people should control their emotions.

• Really, I see no reason. If you find it useless, you can stay away (no sarcasm intended) or report it to the mods to close it.

Arguing might be your favorite hobby and something you feed on. But I don't want to see this great forum become something else than what it is intended to be about.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Arguing might be your favorite hobby and something you feed on. But I don't want to see this great forum become something else than what it is intended to be about.

But why close it? Hundreds of other threads that get a LOT more persnickety stay open, have no moderation from Kemper and stop on their own.

This thread is FAR more tame than I would have expected based on the topic and manner in which the OP chose to vent.

Yes…I contributed some questionable thoughts. I apologize for nothing.

But by and large this could have gone very, very wrong but never did.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Arguing might be your favorite hobby and something you feed on. But I don't want to see this great forum become something else than what it is intended to be about.

My favorite hobby is playing guitar, what you call arguing is me giving my honest and open opinion. I feed with food, I just had tasteful pasta with vegetables and some nice sauce. I can't do anything about others feeling offended or maybe even finding my views kind of hate speech. This is the "society" we're having nowadays.

Surely you must know, that you can report any post, that you don't like to moderators, and they close it, or ban me, or do both.

Whatever the result would be, my favorite hobby still is playing guitar, I feed with food, I got my emotional part under total control. And if this thread is closed or/and I'm banned, I wouldn't feel any regret to mods or to anyone that reports me.

Life goes on, and I still will think/say what I want.

• Apologies if this is opening up old wounds but I find myself in the same position as Jon in that I need to send my Kemper back to Germany for repair and I have been researching the implications of doing this.

As I understand it, one of the fundamental misunderstandings here relates to whether you pay VAT on repairs which are reimported into the UK. The guidance (linked earlier in the thread) seems pretty clear and states:

"You’ll pay duty at re-import on charges made for repair or replacement, plus any inward shipping and insurance costs you pay for the return of the goods. VAT is charged on the repair costs, plus outward and inward freight charges and duty, but excluding insurance charges."

I may be wrong but I think that VAT would also be payable if a repair were done in the UK.

Bottom line, we need to budget for the payment of VAT on any repairs to our beloved Kemper!

• I don't think that was ever the concern. The issue was that since Brexit the process for paying wasn;t clear and in some cases they weren't recognized as a repair and people were being asked to pay duty on the cost of the unit.

Of course we already pay VAT in the UK, that's no different.