Trying to recreate the Fender "amp in the room" clean in my bedroom

• Hey nothing wrong with a Yamaha THR!!! :)

Indeed!!! I was lucky to buy THR30II before it became unavailable recently and since I started using it, I'm not touching my Kemper. In fact Kemper is sitting in the wardrobe for half a year now, because I had room/desk rearrangement. It doesn't mean that I won't use Kemper or it's worse than THR. Simply the convenience of using THR and the sound it produces, made me want to play on it over and over.

Biggest advantage of THR vs Kemper?

1) Boots up in 1 sec.

2) Has built in speakers

3) Works on battery, so I can move it around

Like I said, I'm not going to sell Kemper, it's a different type of device and it's been serving me well. It's just that THR was great buy. Even the look of THR makes me want to plug my strat and play it:

• I think it's important to make a difference in what you're planning to use a specific piece of equipment for. If you ONLY want Fender clean tones at a relatively low level and want nothing but that, and if you want to hear those tones through a guitar speaker to get the AITR experience, get one of those new 68 Custom Vibro Champs and be done with it. The Kemper would be overkill and perhaps would even be a compromise in some aspects.

However, if you want to do other things such as (silent) recording, playing live with IEM's (on a (quasi-)silent stage) with a professional and trustworthy PA and FOH engineer, having access to numerous profiles and effects, or if you possess tube amps with great (emotional) value which are either too precious or too heavy to move around, then the KPA is better than sliced bread.

• I use the THR30ii with the wireless remote GT10 - 100% freedom of wires for quick guitar breaks. Kemper + Amp Kemper Kab for when more time at hand ... Fender Tweed Blues Reissued + JHS Black Box ( to control volume a bit) for the full AITR