I need advices here. Another amp in the room thread...
I'm a bedroom guitarist in an apartment with neighbors, chasing my favorite tone which is a simple Fender Clean .
Most of the time i am using my Kemper trough headphones, which gives me a result i like.
I have also Studio Monitors which are nice for listening to music, but don't gives me (obviously) the famous AITR feel. They are fun for playing with big ambient stereo effects, but i miss the nice, full, "3D", room filling Fender Clean.
I can't just buy a real Fender Amp because even a small tube amp would be much too loud for my neighbors.
I'm considering a few scenarios:
- just buy a Fender 68 custom vibrochamp (10") and use it with the volume on the lowest values
- buy a Fender 68 custom vibrochamp with an attenuator
- buy a Fender 68 custom vibrochamp, profile it, then use only as a guitar cab for my kemper with a power amp.
- buy an open back guitar cab and use it with my kemper with a power amp. Which cab ? Which speaker size ?
- other scenario i haven't thought about ?
- stay with my headphones and studios monitors and accept reality
I must add, that i don't want to be able to practice at midnight with the cab, most of these practice time will still be done with my headphones, but i would like to be able to play one or two times in the middle of the week with some gorgeous amp sound without annoying my neighbors too much.