Recording/Connecting Kemper to Ableton Live 11 (Line 6 UX2 interface)

• Having trouble connecting/setting up my Kemper to record with Ableton Live 11.

I'm using Line 6 UX2 as my interface. (with a single SPDIF cable between the two)

I've tried both using the OUT as well as the IN SPDIF inputs on the rear of the Kemper, but I don't get any signal whatsoever...

I'll probably have to set it up somewhere in Ableton, but don't know how to be honest.

Already set the ''SPDIF Output'' on the kemper output section to: Master Stereo. (Output volume is also maxed out)

Also looked at POD Farm in the mixer, but there's no SPDIF input I can choose from.

*Line 6 UX2 - mentions SPDIF OUT by the way.

Any help would be greatly appropriated!! :thumbup:

• I have a UX2 interface, and i use the XLR outs on the KPA to the interface for recording.

Remember you do have extra output settings on the KPA, and once you get your output level set, mine is -12 Db

unlatch your output control, this way, your output level will always be set for recording, and live situations.

PS... When i record, I use 1 XLR from the Kemper to the interface,

and I also use 1 SM57 mic on my 4x12 cab, and that goes to the 2nd input on my UX2, Then blend the tones for best results.

• Hooking up a Kemper to Ableton can definitely be a head-scratcher at first. I had a similar hassle when I tried connecting my own gear for recording. The key was in the DAW settings. I had to tinker around in Ableton to make sure it recognized the SPDIF input. Also, make sure your Line 6 UX2 actually has SPDIF input capability. Not all interfaces are set up for that.

It took me a bit of trial and error, but once I got it right, the sound quality was a game-changer. If you're still feeling stuck, you might want to check out faqaudio. They've got some straightforward guides that helped me out.

Edited once, last by ale55555 ().