Nasty demonic frequencies

• …….the downside is i tend to compensate by adding bass on a tone that is probably already bass heavy because i cant hear that low end on my HS7s . So my next investment is probably monitors that are a bit more untreated room friendly...booo! it just doesnt end lol.

Save your money and do some basic room treatment. At the very least dow some work on speaker placement with your room. If headphones sound OK (room removed from the equation) and HS 7 don’t (plenty of people find them totally acceptable) then the only remaining factor is your room.

Unfortunately, there are NO speakers which are “untreated room friendly “

• Save your money and do some basic room treatment. At the very least dow some work on speaker placement with your room. If headphones sound OK (room removed from the equation) and HS 7 don’t (plenty of people find them totally acceptable) then the only remaining factor is your room.

Unfortunately, there are NO speakers which are “untreated room friendly “

Its something ive wanted to get done for a long time but i just keep putting it off. The whole process for some reason is kinda intimidating not to mention completely alien to me i wouldnt know where to start. Maybe its time i call one of my studio friends and get him to come over and help me out.

• Its something ive wanted to get done for a long time but i just keep putting it off. The whole process for some reason is kinda intimidating not to mention completely alien to me i wouldnt know where to start. Maybe its time i call one of my studio friends and get him to come over and help me out.

You absolutely have to try sonarworks soundid. Even if you use a normal mic on the demo. Please try it now :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Its something ive wanted to get done for a long time but i just keep putting it off. The whole process for some reason is kinda intimidating not to mention completely alien to me i wouldnt know where to start. Maybe its time i call one of my studio friends and get him to come over and help me out.

You can also reach out to some techs at Sweetwater to get advice on treatment specific to your studio -- for free!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

The basic room treatment is the same for everyone. Cover the 1st reflection points (left/right/cloud(top)) and some bas trapping (corners). Then you can always decide if you want to take it further.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Ah cool man! im listening through headphones everything sounds better through my headphones im starting to think its my monitors i blummin well hope its not hahaha even through my interface the profiles sound more fuller in my headphones. Through my HS7s they are flat (that's what the HS7's were designed to be) but the downside is i tend to compensate by adding bass on a tone that is probably already bass heavy because i cant hear that low end on my HS7s . So my next investment is probably monitors that are a bit more untreated room friendly...booo! it just doesnt end lol.

Think about getting the subwoofer for the HS7s if you don't have it. That is what I run. It definitely helps me.

• Think about getting the subwoofer for the HS7s if you don't have it. That is what I run. It definitely helps me.

I have a sub for my JBL306's and it actually messes me up if I have the crossover on --making me sound like I have adequate low end when I don't. Make sure you turn it off when mixing.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Hey,

I am also one of the unlucky guys that has to deal with an awful lot of low end and nasty high frequenzy.

Everything sounds cheap, boomy and not like a good guitar sound. Pretty similar to yours.

I also tried weird stuff like adding two or 3 studio eqs and filter all the frequencies out. Or reduce the High shift in every Cab, but to be honest: that sucked.

My solution was global EQ adjustmend. I tend to always do this (+-0.3 depends strongly on the guitar)

Bass -4

mids +1 to 1.2

highs -2

Pres +2

High/low pass: 50-100 hz / 10k-12k

I know it sounds weird to boost presence while dealing with nasty high end frequenzy, but the highs and presence do kind of influence each other in these nasty sizzling high frequenzies.So substracting more on the "high" side and adding some shine sizzle back on the "presence" side was pretty nice for me.