Bert M. kotz profiles are amazing !

• Hi!

I’m a huge fan of Kotzen tones, Marshallesque plexi tones.

Tones that you can play and feel like an amp without having to put a lot of gain, dynamics, easy to play even with faster lines. A dynamic and raging rock crunch tone!

I have a Stage since April and was not really in love (more hate) with the kemper.

But that was before I tried the Kotz profiles by Bert Meulendjik!

There’s one profile that is awesome and really nails those dirty yet dynamic plexi like tones.

I recorded (one shot sorry could have been better) the Mother’s Head Family Reunion solo of Richie Kotzen with one of those profiles.

Didn’t touch anything, reverb and delay is untouched, I just engaged the pure boost as it was and just raise the gain by 1.0.

Guitar is a 50th anniversary strat (2004) with Fender Texas Special neck/middle and Jb jr in bridge (but here I use only the neck pup)

Xlrs into Soundcard into logic. No eq or mastering. Pan left right +-25. The solo is mixed really front forward on purpose of listening. Would sound better if more in the mix.

I’m gonna test the performance I made live with my band this week. Hope it translates well going foh.

What do you think?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

have a great day.

Ps: i realizes that the original solo had more gain but really close anyway.

• Sounds great man... and awesome playing too you bugger. 8):thumbup:

Superb tone coming through from the Strat, making a great combination with Bert's typically-organic sound.

thanks!

Yes, first time I have a profile that I really enjoy lol!

Hope it would translate well for gigs.
    But this time if I’m happy playing with it in live gigs, I’m gonna tell our sound engineer « deal with it bro, do your work » lol!