Poll - Wizard MTL / Mesa 412 Profiles

• Wizard MTL Profile - which do you prefer? 9

1. Wiz MTL1a (2) 22%
    2. Wiz MTL1b (4) 44%
    3. Wiz MTL1c (3) 33%
    4. None of the above (0) 0%

Hey guys, I've been working on some more profiles of my Wizard MTL, this time through a Mesa 4x12 OS with V30's.

Attached are 3 profiles to try - all using a 57/421 blend. Amp settings are the same in all cases, just small changes in mic placement, levels, and slight eq adjustments on the board. I set up a poll so please give them a try and cast your vote. Feel free to expand on your opinion either here or through a private message.

Thanks!

• Great stuff Webb. All three very well done and for sure useful!

That cab is cool and definitely a big difference compared to the ones you used before. More my cup of tea than the earlier ones indeed. I have paired earlier amp profiles from you with my favorite 2x12 CL80 cab from MB's CnG pack - killer combination! But this Mesa cab here is indeed nice.

Differences a/b/c are quite noticeable, b version is a little too bright and too bassy for me. a and c both do a good job. Disclaimer: Only tested that with one guitar.

If you make a pack out of that great amp then all three but mainly a and c settings would be my choice. b a bit more for metal-ish stuff I guess.

Thanks for sharing Webb and the poll, cool thing :thumbup:8)