Help! Random power up issue

• Hi ,

I just got my Kemper last night and after making sure all the connectivity were in tact, I have turned on the power of the unit (turning the chicken head to the "Browser") ... nothing happen. No lights and etc.... I have put the unit back to the casing and intend to bring it back to the shop. Just before so, almost an hour later, I tried again, but this time it On! ...

This morning, I tried to turn on again, its not working again ... Anyone got this issue? Or perhaps, I really have a faulty unit?

• Hi ,

Thanks for the reply ... I have tried four different power cables at different locations .
    This problem is very random ... I just went back to the shop I have purchased, it can turn on! I went back to my place, I tried .. damn it can't turn on! I switch different location, finally once it can turn back on again. I waited for a while and try another location, damn, same old issue it can't turn on

I am stuck, the saleman not convinced its faulty

• Unless it works always in the same location and never in the next one, it is irrelevant where the KPA is. It looks more like a faulty chickenhead switch. When it doesn't go on, leave the switch on Browse and try to move the power cable in to the socket, it could be a wrong contact.....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Ok, you turn the chickenhead and nothing happen. What happen if you try it 10-20 times in a row? Does it eventually switch on or not?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I have tried that too ... No luck still. I wrote to the support, and below is the reply:

"the Profiler does have a high quality safety switch protecting the unit
    against electrical over-current. What you describe sounds like this switch being
    activated. This can happen when your power cable isn't connected completely or
    is pulled, while the unit is still switched on. The Profiler will stay off until
    the power supply will be completely unloaded. This process can be accelerated by
    completely disconnecting the power cable (while the unit is switched off) and
    waiting for a few minutes.

Please make sure, that the Profiler is
    switched off while you connect and disconnect the power cable and that the cable
    is completely plugged in on both sides."

So far I follow, the problem still persist and it is RANDOM!! ...sometimes it can , and sometimes it can't

• Get yourself a power strip with some basic power conditioning, spike removal etc, they're not expensive and it'll save your kit. The best option if you can afford it is a small UPS, they come in under $100 these days, often a lot less and they will make sure your kit gets a stable supply.

• Hi Per, thanks for the recommendation ... A power rail with surge protector maybe the solution to this. I will be getting one soon ...
    Btw, currently I have figure up a temp way to over come this issue. It still does not make sense to me neither I'm 100% convince that my unit is perfectly faultless. When I switch on my power from the main switch and turning the chicken head to the browser, it is definitely not going to work for the first time. I will have to unplug the the power cable from the socket and wait for a while (around a minute or so) and plug it in again. By doing so, it seems like I have a more successful rate in powering up the unit .. I have to repeat this process to get power up. Does it make sense to anyone of you? Appreciate your thoughts ...anyone

• I did bring the unit back to the shop, as I mentioned the problems is pretty random. When I was at the shop, the sales tried it 6 times and he has no problem powering up... They claimed that I might have unstable electricity flow at my house, if it is really the case, I should have similar issue with my other electrical appliances but so far this is the first time and the first appliances I'm facing such issue. The salesman simply not convinced that the unit is faulty ...

• I did bring the unit back to the shop, as I mentioned the problems is pretty random. When I was at the shop, the sales tried it 6 times and he has no problem powering up... They claimed that I might have unstable electricity flow at my house, if it is really the case, I should have similar issue with my other electrical appliances but so far this is the first time and the first appliances I'm facing such issue. The salesman simply not convinced that the unit is faulty ...

It might be that the salesman is right and the KPA security circuit is more sensible (or sensitive?) to that...can you loan a UPS and try it at your place?