Issue when editing a preset after switching ON the Kemper Stage

• This happens either with factory presets or my own presets.

Let's say I have created a reverb preset and I've stored it as "Pad2" and it's selected on REV module. When I'm editing the already saved effect, the screen shows "Editing preset: Pad2". If at this moment I press store button, I can overwrite the previously saved module. The expected situation.

Next day I have a rehearsal.

I'm playing and I'm noticing that my reverb needs the mix parameter a little bit higher. As soon as I try to edit the effect, the screen isn't showing that "Editing preset: Pad2", therefore, when I change the mix parameter and try to store it as my "Pad2" preset, I can't. I have to -remember, in the middle of the rehearsal- either save the entire rig, write again the same name -and delete the previous one, because it is possible to have the same name in two different presets (why?), or remember the parameters I changed and their values, load my preset -at this point the editing screen shows up again- and edit it again to be able to overwrite it.

Is this normal? Is something known and it's gonna be solved in future releases? Sorry if it's a known issue, I didn't find any thread.

• It's just the way they designed it.

When you save presets, you are saving the settings you want for whatever effect, cabinet, etc. When you then add that preset to a rig, the preset just makes the same settings in your rig. So, you haven't "linked" it - you just used that preset to adjust the settings in your rig. You'll notice that there is never a preset name shown if you later look at the settings in the rig.

Making changes to the preset would not make any changes to rigs where you had already used that preset. Although you could always lock whatever effect it was so that the values would remain as you change rigs. But to keep them permanently you'd have to save each rig again.

Not sure why they designed it this way but evidently this is how that want it. Maybe in the future they'll develop some way to link them instead of just inheriting the settings.

Hope that helps.

• I see you… In my opinion it would be better to be able to change all the used presets at once if you wanted, and if not, you can always create a new preset, which is what now is obligatory whenever you edit a preset you made a day ago.

Like a warning message “ ‘Replace’ would change all the usages of this preset in all rigs”. People that wanted different let’s say reverb settings in different rigs will -at least should- give different names to the preset, but if you want the same settings, you would want to create one and be able to overwrite that one as many times as you want in different days.

I hope I’m explaining well the situation ? the fact is that I didn’t find any sense when I was editing a preset parameters and I couldn’t store it fast because “””I wasn’t editing my preset””” so I couldn’t overwrite it.

Thank you for your response cmbrowns !

• …..because it is possible to have the same name in two different presets (why?),

this , in my opinion is the single most annoying feature of the whole Kemper system. It should never be possible to have more than one of anything (rig, cab, prest etc) with the same name. That is just total madness. I can’t think of a single reason why it would ever be helpful. I know that you can identify different versions of the same rig from the date field but you shouldn’t need to. At the very least the KPA/RM should add a unique identifier such as (1) to the current name. Every other computer based system in the universe works like this for a reason ?‍♂️

• That’s completely right. Maybe the software developers thought that anyone would save different things under the same name because it’s nonsense to do so, but they should have let you overwrite a preset every time you edit it, even if you power off your Kemper. If it worked this way the only reason to have a name duplicated would be that you intentionally want that behaviour.

I hope Kemper moderators read this thread?