Strange behaviour of RM in performance mode

• Hi everybody,

Rig manager has strange behaviour when I try to preview performances that are stored in my local library.

RM : 3.2.65.17265

Windows 10

When I load a preformance in the editor to preview it (CTRL+Enter or left/right arrows), the loaded performance is not the one I chose, but the previous one. The profiler display the right name but the sound is that of the previous one. Let say I have three performances, 1, 2 and 3.

I load the number 1 : nothing happend (no change in the active rig sound) except the name displayed by the profiler, wich is LIB performance 1.

I then load performance number 2 : the profiler display the name of LIB performance 2 but the sound is the sound of the performance 1, wich was selected just before.

I then load performance number 3 : the profiler display the name of LIB performance 3 but the sound is the sound of performance 2.

I tried different orders with 12 performances and it is always the previous performance that is effectively load in the profiler despite the displayed name.

Does anybody else noticed this behaviour ?

Also, when I was creating new performances, rig manager froze at almost every second one. I created 12 new performances to understand what’s happening, each one with one different rig, and I had to close and restart RM at least 6 times.

No problem when creating performance directly from the profiler. The problem seams to be relative to performance management by RM.

Tried to revert to OS 8.0.6 and RM 3.1.62 but then I lost sync between them and profiler was not recognized by RM. Went back to 8.6.2 + 3.2.57 and I had to reinstall RM a couple of time before it recognized the profiler. The problem is still there.

Tried also to change the usb cable with no effect.

Any idea ?

Thanks!

• Yes, I have experienced similar issues in the past with previous RM versions. However, right now my issue is that sometimes trying to load a new rig into a performance slot (with existing rig) does nothing. I typically have to restart RM several times and then it will work. Other times RM will load a new rig into an existing performance without issue. Also, it seems that this version of RM takes much longer to communicate changes to the profiler along the USB. I've tried all my usb2.0 slots and several cables. I'm just hoping a new version of RM will return to previous speeds and performance behavior.

I won't bother with support anymore unless I run into a hardware issue. Kemper has been great about software updates and stretching, I leave them to their strengths.

• Hi everybody,

Rig manager has strange behaviour when I try to preview performances that are stored in my local library.

I am experiencing the same thing on MAC Pro running latest Mojave OS,

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.

• This sounds like what I was experiencing the 1st time I tried to load rigs into performance slots. What I learned was that I needed to store the performance each time I loaded a rig into a slot. For example; If I tried to load a rig into slot 4 and did not store the performance loaded into slot 3, the one I was trying to load into 4 would overwrite 3.

Hardly any video about Kemper Performance mode points this out but I caught a few hints about it and figured it out.

In RM, copy a rig, paste it in slot 1. The option to Store in (slot#) will appear in RM. Don't try to load the next slot until you hit that store button.

I am using a Kemper Stage, YMMV

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• Mine was loading rigs into my previously saved slots that were not correct, slots that had been saved for years already in the position, I would then load another bank and play around there for a while, and miraculously 15 minutes later my original rig would re-appear back in the slot where it was missing from. This is happening randomly and has started happening more often.

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.

• This sort of weirdness is common. Rig Manager sync is notoriously buggy - something Kemper seems unwilling to acknowledge or rectify.

During programming sessions I often have to restart RM or unplug/replug part way through the session as it will all of a sudden start doing exactly this sort of behaviour. RM and the hardware get all confused between themselves and weird stuff happens.

Really wish this would get sorted.