Demands

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Silly messings around

• Thanks for checking it out BayouTexan  Monkey_Man and deadman42

This is an area of music and sound that I really don't listen to much and so it feels (and I think sounds) like being a total beginner again. It's obviously going to take me quite a while to get into the groove and figure out how the guys that do this nail their tones and arrangements.

• Thanks for checking it out BayouTexan  Monkey_Man and deadman42

This is an area of music and sound that I really don't listen to much and so it feels (and I think sounds) like being a total beginner again. It's obviously going to take me quite a while to get into the groove and figure out how the guys that do this nail their tones and arrangements.

What? LOL. Every song I play I am a total beginner at. Since I am the only one on the planet arranging my songs, I can't ask anyone how to play it so I have to figure it out myself. ;) I've got some pretty good stuff coming up. I just needed to do more practicing so I don't sound like a total noob up against you guys. This song you did is good stuff! There is no "beginner" in it at all.

(Talking to self: Am I really encouraging a guitarist who has decades more experience than me? I need to go practice my ass off... end of thought). 8o

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I just needed to do more practicing so I don't sound like a total noob up against you guys. This song you did is good stuff! There is no "beginner" in it at all.

(Talking to self: Am I really encouraging a guitarist who has decades more experience than me? I need to go practice my ass off... end of thought). 8o

It's not a competition bro'. Your only real competition in life is yourself.

I know you know this, but sometimes it helps to receive a reminder. :thumbup:

• It's not a competition bro'. Your only real competition in life is yourself.

I know you know this, but sometimes it helps to receive a reminder. :thumbup:

My "thought" was in regards to giving advice to a pro in which I am just a noob. But I see how my thought was perceived as ambiguous. But I am a competitor and sometimes to a fault. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thanks guys. BayouTexan thats very sweet but I’m still very much a noob myself. Picking up a guitar isn’t the same thing as learning it, everyone goes at their own pace and as Monkey_Man says it’s not a competition. There are plenty of pros here and on other forums, I’m not one of them, I don’t make any money making music and I don’t think I’d be able to even if I tried, I certainly am not up to standard even after all these years. I just muddle along my own path doing what I can to try and learn new things and work out how to express myself.

MuddySludge I’ll take it :D Slash has a lot of killer riffage.

Thank-you skoczy I need to practice at playing a lot tighter for this style, arrangement is also much harder than I expected. The guitars want to take up so much of the space.

• Thank-you skoczy I need to practice at playing a lot tighter for this style, arrangement is also much harder than I expected. The guitars want to take up so much of the space.

Surely Per self awareness is the key to becoming better and better. But I heard good piece of music. We are our worst judges sometimes. I'm sure more people didn't hear any arrangements issues, even us guitarists. Strive for better also remembering than done is better than perfect.