New Kemper Stage user ?

• Hi everyone!

Bought a Kemper Stage = Absolutely blown away! Awesome!

I’m planning on using the unit for Direct to FOH and IEMs for live use. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations for this particular setup, I’m all ears ?

How many of you are using this setup?

• Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on, very good! Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup:8)

Main outs to FOH here but FRFR for monitoring on stage as well as cab with Kemper Kone in it. Works perfect for me and the gang :)

• Hi and welcome.

This is how I use it, too, 50% of the times (IEM/silent stage + foh). Have fun and enjoy your unit!

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Hi everyone!

Bought a Kemper Stage = Absolutely blown away! Awesome!

I’m planning on using the unit for Direct to FOH and IEMs for live use. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations for this particular setup, I’m all ears ?

How many of you are using this setup?

Welcome...assuming you have semi decent IEM's and you are used to them.

My only advice is that FOH will sound quite different from IEM's so try to test at volume through a PA ( ideally at rehearsal).

Also make sure you pad your output using the -12db button and unlink volumes..

• Welcome...assuming you have semi decent IEM's and you are used to them.

My only advice is that FOH will sound quite different from IEM's so try to test at volume through a PA ( ideally at rehearsal).

Also make sure you pad your output using the -12db button and unlink volumes..

Thanks very much for the advice.

I primarily use IEM for everything now. It helps especially for my vocals. The surprising thing was how instant it was to achieve a great tone with the Kemper.

I use a Rockerverb Mark iii and found a profile of that amp. (I’ll make my own profiles at some point) but it sounds fantastic.

Programmed my performance song by song and assigned effects.
    I previously owned an Axe FX 2 and tried that direct but struggled with adjustment. (I wasn’t using IEMs at the time.)

I’ve heard that the drums can become dominant in a live setting which I’m a little concerned about. Ideally I don’t want to use any additional monitoring device on stage.

I currently use Shure 215 IEMs and the PSM300 transmitter. I couldn’t be happier at this point. I much prefer the whole IEM experience now.

I generally tweak tones with both IEMs and some studio monitors. Any tips on output EQ for a PA system?
    I’m assuming push the mids? High and low pass filters?

• IEM's are great if you can get used to them - its the isolation from the audience that takes the getting used to but far superior to on stage monitoring as it can become a sound war and all main sound should come from the PA.

Personally I don't use any filters or push the mids per se, you just need to try it at volume purely because the sound changes so eq to taste...some profiles really come alive at volume :)...

Pleased you are enjoying it!

• IEM's are great if you can get used to them - its the isolation from the audience that takes the getting used to but far superior to on stage monitoring as it can become a sound war and all main sound should come from the PA.

Personally I don't use any filters or push the mids per se, you just need to try it at volume purely because the sound changes so eq to taste...some profiles really come alive at volume :)...

Pleased you are enjoying it!

I know what you’re saying about the separation from the room. It is a little boxy at times.
    I remember the first time I used IEMs live, and I couldn’t hear the audience. It was either great noise isolation OR the crowd weren’t enjoying themselves ?

I felt more confident on stage though, more clarity and helped massively with vocal pitch and eliminated any vocal strain.

I think sometimes the guitar can suffer from those really high frequencies with higher gain tones, I need to refine that but apart from that it sounds killer.

I am currently only using two profiles. I’m not a huge fan of switching between really drastic amp sounds. I suppose I still have the traditional ‘one amp’ approach. Clean and dirty channels and colour with a few pedals.
    That’s the thing I really like about the Kemper, there is plethora of profiles out there but we don’t have to use them all.

I do plan on profiling my Rockerverb 50 Mkiii though, it’ll be great to grab snapshots of my favourite settings on the amp and create set lists using that.

What profiles are considered the ‘best’? Any suggestions?

• I generally tweak tones with both IEMs and some studio monitors. Any tips on output EQ for a PA system?
    I’m assuming push the mids? High and low pass filters?

High and low pass depend a lot on the mix. If it's a band I'd start with all the low end chopped off, then reduce it to let in as much bottom as you need, without getting in the way of the bass or kick. Also depends on the mix. If you have an engineer mixing you I'd leave it to them to do it.

I would never gig without rehearsing though a PA and making tweaks. That's what the audience will hear.

• Hi, Danny,

Welcome to the community and congratulations on getting your PROFILER.

I don't have any sage advice except to encourage you to do your tone tweaking at performance volume.

Here are some resources for you. And be sure to check out the videos with the ?.

Documentation

? Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides ?

? Rig Manager Download and Documentation ??

? Kemper Tutorials & Demos (videos) ?

? Kemper FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Download Main Manual 8.5 English

? Before you buy Commercial Rigs and Profiles check out the Rig Manager for Rig Packs and Rig Exchange

Essential Videos for Beginners and Veterans

? Kemper Tone Tips - Volume 1 - Testing an Amp Profile

? Kemper Tone Tips - Volume 2 - Profile Tweaking

Kemper Tone Tips - Volume 3 - Kemper Kabinet

? Yes, you can change a Profile - The Biggest Myth About the Kemper

• welcome!

Kemper PowerHead, Remote & Kabinet | Fender Claro Walnut CS Telecaster 2016, Fender EJ Stratocaster 2007, Brian Moore CS 1992, Tom Anderson CS 1993, Eastman T59-V 2022, Peerless 2010, Ibanez RG770 1992, Taylor 214-KCE 2015 | Fender Princeton Reissue, Marshall JCM500 50W, Fender HotRod Deluxe, Blackstar HT-1