Bang, performance gone, and no way to undo.

• I just experienced this:

Set up a performance of sounds.

Then wanted to copy an effect slot from a rig in another performance. I used cmd c for this.
    Paste (cmd v) in the appropriate rig in the destination performance.

Turns out i copied the whole performance, with NO way to undo it. I did NOT store in any way.

Days of work and careful listening, leveling etc gone in one mishap.

F**k ;(

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Edited once, last by Kim_Olesen ().

• As I said on fb, I NEVER make my performances with RM.
    i import all the rigs I need on the Stage and then creat performances on the unit.

had too much problems too.

And the Stage is very easy to use, there’s a lot of great shortcuts. I now making performances and tweaking faster on it than with RM.

• As I said on fb, I NEVER make my performances with RM.
    i import all the rigs I need on the Stage and then creat performances on the unit.

had too much problems too.

And the Stage is very easy to use, there’s a lot of great shortcuts. I now making performances and tweaking faster on it than with RM.

Yeah i learned my lesson. The editor is powerfull, and i love it. But i will never again start tweaking without backing up the entire Kemper.

• Hm you didn't store anything for days? Chances are a quick selection of the next performance and back would have restored your performances?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hm you didn't store anything for days? Chances are a quick selection of the next performance and back would have restored your performances?

It didn’t. Tried. Ofcourse i stored at the end of each session. How else could i pick up from the work done before? But i didn’t backup.

• More strange behavior.

I double clicked on a rig in one performance, in order to audition the volume. Then i double clicked on another rig in another performance.

BANG. The first rig got copied AND stored in place of the second rig. No way to get back. Yesterday i was thinking it might be because i use a midi footcontroller to navigate, while being connected to RM. So today i only used RM to navigate. Same result. Unpredictable behavior, unwanted irreversible copying/instant saving of rigs between performances.

• Burkhard is this the intended behavior? Am i holding it wrong, trying to use RM for something it is not intended to do?

I am on a Kemper rack, nonpowered. Latest Kemper OS. Latest RM. Mac OS 10,15,7.

• It didn’t. Tried. Ofcourse i stored at the end of each session. How else could i pick up from the work done before? But i didn’t backup.

Ok. Sorry to hear that.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Then wanted to copy an effect slot from a rig in another performance. I used cmd c for this.
    Paste (cmd v) in the appropriate rig in the destination performance.

Kim_Olesen

you cannot copy/paste effects in between slots using the clipboard. that's simply not supported by Rig Manager. you can drag/swap/copy in between FX slots with the mouse and the appropriate modifier keys.

whatever you copied and then pasted was not an effect. and that's why you ran into an issue. it's unfortunate of course.

to work around this you could use presets > local library as a form of clipboard.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Yes i get i was “holding it wrong”. But the lack of any way to undo an unwanted action was a bit unsettling. But i (re)learned my lesson about cautiousness and backups.