Celestion DSR load into Cab???

• Hi to all...

After eight years with Kemper and studio profiles, I want to try my luck with direct profiles and IR's. Got tired of FRFR stuff and want a standard cab again.

I've stomped on Celestion DSR responses on their site. It appears that they are superior to standard IR's. At least they say they are...

Any thoughts?

Has anyone tried to load DSR ones into Kemper? :/

Is it possible?

Tnx in advance...

• You can not "load" to your Kemper. You have to run the vst / Celestion SpeakerMix Pro to get the "extra functionality" that sets it apart from loading an IR. Same as you can not load Two Notes DynIR cabinets to Kemper.

Except you shoot IR from the vst (Celestion SpeakerMix Pro or Two Notes WOS) using your DAW - then you can load the IR to Kemper. But you have only the "snap shot" of the frequency response again and nothing from what they call "non-linear" functionality, adjustable z-curve, room reverb...

By the way, using the vst through your DAW will also will add latency.

Mikko plugin and THU SuperCabinet or an IR mixer like Ignite Libra allows you to customize your Cab AND you can easily export an IR file that the Kemper can load. But again static IR.

If I need flexibility for "studio work" I like big big IR libraries like Choptones offers. Many mics to choose from and some nice mixes like the classic SM57 / 421 or SM57 / R121 combo. If you are used to scroll through such libraries and know how the mics will basically sound it's not a big rabbit hole anymore imo