• Very very cool, huge sounds I'd love to learn your methodology, what you're listening for in the various sounds to get it this big gel-ing together so well.

Even though it's a much more modern rock sound for some reason it makes me think of ACDC! Would go killer with Brian vocals on it.

• Hey Per, thanks, AC\DC is what I grew up on, Brian is an amazing singer, he has an amazing range, love the music he did with Geordie too.

The rhythm guitars for this track were recorded over 10 years ago lol, I can't remember what pedal I used, was definitely not a Kemper, it might have been a line6 pedal board if I remember correctly, or a Morley JD10 https://reverb.com/item/986047…10-overdrive-preamp-pedal.

I try listen to the mix at various levels and on as many different speakers as I can, I have 7 sets of speakers ranging from modern to 70's. I usually try around 3 different mixes before making a decision. The same goes for the individual tracks, trynig different plugins, eq's etc and then choosing what sounds best. With the kemper I have found that I only have to apply a small amount of EQ to guitar sounds once I have captured them. Drums I use BFD3, personally I think it's the best out there. I have also had to get to know my headphones very well, as I live in a flat and a lot of the time I do the majority of my mixing through headphones, that took a lot of getting used to and running back and forth.

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.

• Thanks Franjoe30 it is a tremolo effect yes, it's a plug in from Kilohearts called snapheap, as far as I remember it's free, within the plgin there is a preset called Trans gate, that's how I achieved that effect. I guess it can also be achieved by messing with speed/tempo on a Tremolo effect.

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.

• Thanks for the insight. Headphone mixing is very hard to do, that’s even more impressive!

Thanks Per, it took a good few months to get used to my phones, when I first got them I mixed songs and when I heard my mixes in the car or on other systems they sounded dreadful, so a lot of trial and error and patience was needed, once I achieved mixes that seemed okay (to my ears at least) I stuck to that formula. Obviously I always check them on the speakers aftrwards and 99% of the time I need to tweak everything.

Jimi Hendrix.