SPDIF input distortion when switching pofiles

• I searched the forum and didn't find anyone else with this issue so here's it is...

When using SPDIF Input, I am getting digital distortion for several seconds after switching profiles. This happens regardless of how I switch, either by MIDI or by KPA front panel. The distortion is a strong clicking sound...maybe caused by the SPDIF losing sync. I tried reducing the output levels of the profiles, input levels sent via SPDIF...nothing helps so far.

I also had my tuner get "stuck" like it was in tuner mode in the last day. It was making a matching tone sound until the guitar signal decayed then made a "pop" sound as the tuner dropped out. The switch was not on tuner and the screen didn't show the tuner screen. A reboot fixed this. This was about the same time I noticed the SPDIF distortion. May be a coincidence since I just staring using SPDIF and integrating my MIDI control recently.

Any ideas?

bd

• When using SPDIF Input, I am getting digital distortion for several seconds after switching profiles.

I have this problem too. My audiointerface is Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 if that helps to narrow down the culprit for this. KPA FW1.1.0.7459.

Ps. I have logged a support ticket for this.

Edited once, last by TMV ().

• I just did a Flash memory format to factory reset the KPA and the problem did not go away. The issue is definitely in the KPA because no matter what I do to the outboard gear that sends the SPDIF signal, the KPA never distorts. However, when I switch profiles by MIDI or KPA front panel, the distortion occurs for 3 to 5 seconds then clears up. If I stay on one profile, the KPA will not have a problem until I change profiles.

My SPDIF on the sending device works flawlessly with other interfaces so I am fairly confident we have an issue in the KPA

I am running FW 1.1.x which is the latest release.

bd

• Please accept my apologies!
    In an earlier thread, as well as in some support emails! I oversaw that the problem is about the Spdif input.
    I have tested the Spdif output multiple times and could not find a flaw.

The Spdif input will be fine in the next firmware.

CK

• Please accept my apologies!
    In an earlier thread, as well as in some support emails! I oversaw that the problem is about the Spdif input.
    I have tested the Spdif output multiple times and could not find a flaw.

The Spdif input will be fine in the next firmware.

CK

Awesome! Thanks CK for the reply and confirmation. I'll continue using the SPDIF input in the design of my new live rig and look forward to the fix in the next release.

bd

• Where else do you get this kind of attention from the top guy! CK sets the standard in more than one way :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer