setting up all your rigs to sound good

• Hi,

this will probably help anyone who has had trouble trying to balance their rigs, I hope.

Having just bought a kemper kabinet, and I really like it.

Thinking, now I have something that's designed for producing the best possible tones for the profiler.

It didn't at first until I remembered the old way of using an amp for the first time,

this is what I did.

1st set the Monitor Output to Master Mono and set Monitor Output EQ all to zero

2nd loaded a Clean profile (one that I had been using for a good while)

3rd played the guitar, (you need to have a good amount of volume to do this)

play with neck PU and then bridge PU. Your ears will tell you if it's good or bad.

if it's a profile you have been using and it is not sounding good through the KK, then

I found a really easy way of setting the eq .

4th I loaded a preset eq, Studio Equalizer (I put it in the (x) next to mod because it was free)

fiddled around with the settings, my guitar (Strat) had way too much bass on the neck PU,

sorted that out then tried the bridge PU which was very toppy.

It didn't take long until I was happy with the sound at a good high volume on both pickups.

5th Having sorted the EQ for this clean patch I saved the EQ under another name, GTR EQ set for instance.

6th The icing on the cake here, is that you now have got an EQ preset that you can apply to all your patches, clean, crunch. distorted. Anything

you have will be compatible with the KK ( I found that some of the profiles, and I use lots of different ones (Covers band) only need minor tweaking in their AMP

settings.

REMEMBERING TO SAVE EVERYTIME YOU INPUT YOUR NEW EQ (easy to go to the next slot without saving, I know, and when you go back to check, it sounds bad

and you start thinking why?

When you go back to playing at bedroom levels you can use the Monitor output EQ to suit.

If you think about (and I have a lot) an old valve amp would be setup in this way and anything you add like pedals for instance would be dialed in to match the amp.

Hope this is some use to the newbies (including me)

regards

Andy K