Simultaneous Profiles

• I've been made aware that it isn't possible to run 2 profiles independently left & right. Although that would be great!

Now my question is...

Is it possible to run 2 profiles at once? For example: can I layer a Marshall Silver Jubilee Profile with a Boogie Road King "together"?

• nope. you would have to make (or search for) a profile with those two amps, two microphones and then feed these signals into a mixer (and maybe other stuff). This is the only "dual amp" profile setup i could imagine.

If you need it for recording, you could just reamp your signal with two different profiles and have the same result.

• Running two profiles at once would be great. But not an option as stated above, etc.

Do not forget about the MIX setting on various pedals. You can achieve a dual tone type of sound using a boost/dist and setting the mix to a low to mid value. This lets you add some more dirt/color to the cleaner sound of the amp.

You can also play with the DIRECT MIX setting in the AMP section. In this scenario your pedal is your "clean" sound and the amp adds the gain/dist/color.

Another option is the DUCKING setting. This will let you use the attack of one sound and then gradually mix in another sound from the pedal/effect being used. Great for adding in some singing sustain, etc.

Not as full of options as having two separate profiles. But you have some great options. The Kemper really maximizes the effects it has to great advantage.

I have not played with Parallel paths yet but page 77 in 8.5 manual:

• This is a very old request but I've never really understood why.

For live, few people use multiple amps running together and its benefits are limited.

For studio, you double track anyway.

But hey, whatever you poison is...

• You can already make a dual amp profile or a ten amp profile if you so desire. It is a profiler not a modeller, so the ability to load two separate profiles that weren't designed to work together would be unlikely to produce a desirable sound.

• Mr. Burns profiled Mesa and Marshall to create one rig. He did a great job.

Dual Amp med low gain Dual Rec/JMP100 2x 4x12 cabinets David G Burns 5.00 / 5.00 2021-09-06
    Dual Amp unboosted Dual Rec/JMP100 2x 4x12 cabinets David G Burns 0.00 / 5.00 2021-09-06
    Dual Amp med gain Dual Rec/JMP100 2x 4x12 cabinets David G Burns 4.60 / 5.00 2021-09-06
    Dual Amp boosted nasal Dual Rec/JMP100 2x 4x12 cabinets David G Burns 4.33 / 5.00 2021-09-06
    Dual Amp boosted resonance Dual Rec/JMP100 2x 4x12 cabinets David G Burns 1.00 / 5.00 2021-09-06
    Dual Amp boosted bread n butter Dual Rec/JMP100 x 2 4x12 cabinets David G Burns 4.00 / 5.00 2021-09-06
    Dual Amp boosted focus Dual Rec/JMP100 2x 4x12 cabinets David G Burns 3.00 / 5.00 2021-09-06
    Dual Amp boosted almost wah Dual Rec/JMP100 2x 4x12 cabinets David G Burns 4.00 / 5.00 2021-09-06
  • A friend of mine was running two Racks for a good while.

He sold one, bought a Stage.....and even he thinks he sounds better. Because he does.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• A friend of mine was running two Racks for a good while.

He sold one, bought a Stage.....and even he thinks he sounds better. Because he does.

Having two amps at the same time has the potential for a lot of Out-of-phase issues.

But I have made a lot of great sounds on my Pod HD using dual tones. There are things you can do that are not time aligned with two separate profiles. Like have the attack of one amp with the other gradually come in after. And these things are not possible to profile with the Kemper.

So there is a small use case for it. That is why I made the post above explaining the MIX and DUCKING options. The Kemper may not be able to profile two amps/sounds like this, but it can approximate it and gives you options it was not even originally designed for. 10/10.