WIDI Master: Successfull wireless communication between KPA and FCB1010!

• Hi everyone,

just wanted to ask the hive mind if anyone had any experience with this product or a similar one in conjunction with the Profiler:

https://www.thomann.de/intl/cm…bGFuZ3VhZ2UiOjJ9&reload=1

I was thinking this would be a great solution to conect my KPA remotely to my FCB1010 foot controller. However, the device seems to be powered via the Midi Out of the connected device and I'm not sure whether either of these devices supplies power over MIDI. Any experience here? Wouldn't seem to make much sense to get such a device otherwise...

Cheers!

• The Kemper does. I am using the same device (with a roland fc200 which also does). Works great, and one less cable to worry about.

Whether the Behringer controller does, i do not know.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• The Kemper does. I am using the same device (with a roland fc200 which also does). Works great, and one less cable to worry about.

Whether the Behringer controller does, i do not know.

I know you have been using this kind of setup for a while Kim. I always worry about problems with drop outs etc or latency between pressing the footswitch and the change actually happening. Presumably you haven’t had any such problems? Have you found Bluetooth midi to be totally rock solid?

• I know you have been using this kind of setup for a while Kim. I always worry about problems with drop outs etc or latency between pressing the footswitch and the change actually happening. Presumably you haven’t had any such problems? Have you found Bluetooth midi to be totally rock solid?

Pretty reliable yes. I think the latence is about 0.1seconds. Nothing your foot will notice. BUT i will say this: I have experienced a pc not being correct, but i had this once in a while before too. Like on every 5th gig, one change out of several hundred on a gig. So that makes it 1/1000. And my fc200 is 20 years old, so i think it is just that. Old and some of the switches slightly worn.

I don’t know if i’d play a gig with wireless midi, if i was a keyboard player. Missed note off messages, can be very annoying. But here we are talking about program change messages, so it’s not the end of the world. It still feels almost magical just turning the power on and it’s autoconnected. No cable to accidently roll ynder your feet.

So i am very happy with it. Been playing with it for a year or so.

• Hey there Kim,

thanks for chiming in. Great to know that it would work on the Kemper side at least!

I'll have to see about the FCB1010 then. It would be amazing if it worked. I've often struggled with midi cables either being too short on big stages where the backline is indeed way back, or just carrying way long cables that often make small stages even more crammed and tabgled up...

cheers!

• I wasn’t really sure whether it’d work well enough, so i just took the chance and bought one.

If you have your footcontroller in a case, i think you can connect that end of the widi to an adapter, if the fcb1010 does not provide power.

• The Fc200 isn’t even on there. I think it’s safe to say that power via midi out is more the rule than the exception.

• Just wanted to quickly update this thread. Just received the two WIDI Masters and have now successfully established 2-way midi communication between my FCB1010 and my KPA.

GOOODBYE CABLES! :)

Cheers!

• Little tip. You can edit the built in software to exclude messages from all other devices. You know, for the unlikely reason that you end up on a stage with another widi user close by.

• Little tip. You can edit the built in software to exclude messages from all other devices. You know, for the unlikely reason that you end up on a stage with another widi user close by.

Thanks for the tip Kim. I was wondering about that in fact, as I would like to use widi connections on other devices simultaneously ;)

• Wow this is encouraging.

I'm late into the Kemper Profiler/FCB1010 game, having only bought a (used) Kemper Profiler Powerhead 2 days ago. I can't bring myself to spending another $500 for the foot controller, so I'm looking into the FCB1010, with (preferred for 2-way comms) or without a mod chip, and MIDI in/out. Will I be able to do ALL of this for performances (hint, Performance mode)?

• Program performances, with multiple rigs per performance
    • Program effects on/off control, at least boost, chorus, delay, reverb, so pushing a button enables the effect, and pushing it again disables it
    • Cycle through each performance with a simple up/down button
    • Select a rig to play, and simultaneously de-select a previously selected rig in a performance, e.g., selecting a "Verse" rig will de-select the "Intro" rig

Thanks!

• Hey ZillaG. I would definitely recommend you to get the specialized Uno4K chip unless you're planning to use the FCB to control other hardware. The chip allows you to do all of the things you mention with ease and 2-way comm is just way better because without it your rigs will often not be in sync with what is displayed on the pedal ;)

• Yes, this is exactly what I'm doing. This allows me to have 2way communication between the FCB1010 (w Uno4K chip) and the KPA ;)

And this is still working fine?
    Thinking of buying the WIDI Master (i should buy 2 sets?) ...