If Larry Carlton asked me to write a tune for him - this would be it

• Sometimes when I want to write a tune and lack an idea to start with, I pretend an artist has contacted me to write a tune specifically for that artist.
    In the case of this tune I imagined an assignment from guitar master Larry Carlton, whom I admire greatly. I would love to hear what he would have played on this tune. I can always dream, can't I?

I really enjoyed recording this so I hope you'll like it.

Cheers,

Mats N

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The piano intro is a nice hook. It raised my eyebrows as to what was to come. I can hear Whitney Houston mastering vocals over this smooth mix! Well done!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Hi Mats,

great tune, sounds great and for me very carltonish ;)

Well done :thumbup:

Cheers

Hans

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Hi guys!

Thanks for all the lovely comments. I wish we all could meet someday and have a long and nice dinner and talk about all things musical and life in general. I really appreciate the camaraderie in this group.

Cheers,

Mats N

• We could listen to this all the great tracks on this forum during the dinner :)

So easy to listen to, relaxed me out completely, lovely vibe and cool mix, digging the guitar! Well done Mats!

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.