Rig manager question (Got a new profiler)

• I got a powered toaster today. (Secondhand) That came with a bunch of 'extra' profiles. (There's a 1000 on there to be exact) ?

I first want to check out all the stuff that's on there, to see if there's anything I like. (Already favorite some profiles)

But I want to get to the point to make 2 duplicate Kemper profilers (toasters) so I can leave the unpowered at home, and use the powered one for band stuff.

What would be the easiest way to do this using Rig manager? :/

• Funny you should ask.

I just offered this in your other thread.

Get one PROFILER set up with the profiles and performances you want (let's call it Number 1), Then, make sure they are both running the same operating system. Then on Number 1 do a back to a USB key. Restore from the USB Key to the other PROFILER.

You can do it in Rig Manager, but it's more fiddly as you have to

1. Make sure the PROFILERs have different names (press SYSTEM Button, page 1/1, Edit Owner, Device Name)
    2. Drag things you want to replicate to the Local Library folder(s). There are two. One under Rigs, one under Performances.
    3. Delete (empty) the folder on the target PROFILER (Rigs and then Performances)
    4. Drag from the Local Library to the target PROFILER (Rigs and then Performances)

It's easier to do it with a USB key.

• If you intend to perfectly clone two PROFILER units, backup/restore via USB memory stick is the way to go. This backup includes all data and settings, not the OS itself. You can transfer Rigs, presets, and Performances via Rig Manager, but not all global settings.