Powered Kabinet... with higher power

• I call it amateur!.. these guys are too stupid to let the PA do the work, got to crank that fender twin to 8 and blow everyone in the venue and the people on stage away because the guy needs to heard, all while he has ear plugs in and the sound man is like “ what the F!”… 😆 there is a steel guitar player in this town that does that, and I’m not naming names.

this thread was getting a bit out of hand. I removed three posts to calm things down.
    We will not tolerate attacks / aggression towards other members of this forum.
    The people involved (you know who you are) would benefit from reading other threads to see what kind of posts make up this forum.
    Be polite, be kind, please.

HMMM.....

• I call it amateur!.. these guys are too stupid to let the PA do the work, got to crank that fender twin to 8 and blow everyone in the venue and the people on stage away because the guy needs to heard, all while he has ear plugs in and the sound man is like “ what the F!”… 😆 there is a steel guitar player in this town that does that, and I’m not naming names.

200 class d watts are not the same as 200 tube amp watts. Frequency loss occurs from the variable difference in frequency response between a lower wattage class d amp versus a lower wattage tube amp , and it's speaker load. Now factor in the room and objects in it.

- yours truly An amateur that knows more than you.

• 200 class d watts are not the same as 200 tube amp watts. Frequency loss occurs from the variable difference in frequency response between a lower wattage class d amp versus a lower wattage tube amp , and it's speaker load. Now factor in the room and objects in it.

- yours truly An amateur that knows more than you.

You are suggesting that regardless of Class D and valve amp wattage that the 200watt Kone cannot produce the sound pressure levels for playing live or loud enough?

Using the Kabinet, I struggle to use more than 25 watts before it totally drowns out every other instrument and its painful to play even with ear plugs.

• You are suggesting that regardless of Class D and valve amp wattage that the 200watt Kone cannot produce the sound pressure levels for playing live or loud enough?

Using the Kabinet, I struggle to use more than 25 watts before it totally drowns out every other instrument and its painful to play even with ear plugs.

I'm using a Camplifier 290 at practice, and one 90w channel with Power Amp Boost enabled can drown out the drummer and everyone else as well. Single Kabinet, or dual.